Interesting Quiz Question

Hi all, a friend recently informed me that he/ she (?) heard a quiz question regarding Sean Connery as James Bond and it was, How many James Bond Films did Sir Sean Connery Make? When they told me I immediately said that Sir Sean Connery had made 7 to which they replyed no it was 6 (Dr.N, FRWL, GF, TB, YOLT & DAF), then I realised that Never Say Never Again (NSNA), was not an official James Bond Film in the traditional sense. In the end after talking it over we both agreed that NSNA was as much a Bond Film as the Official Ones.

Anyone agree? Yours thoughts on this please....

Comments

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,707MI6 Agent

Yeah NSNA is a Bond film, there's nothing else it can be really! And it's totally official too- they legally had the rights to make it.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent

Yep. Definitely 7. It may not have been an EON film but he still played James Bond. It was a James Bond film.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • Unknown007Unknown007 Posts: 201MI6 Agent

And I have to say it was one of Connerys better movies, not quite Goldfinger but thoroughly enjoyable to watch......

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,253MI6 Agent

Years ago, I attended a quiz where one of the Film & TV questions was : what make is James Bond's first car. To which my reply, that I persuaded my teammates to write was a Bentley. We saw it in FRWL, with its direct line car phone to MI6 HQ. Of course, the answer was Aston Martin. I raised a point of order objection, and was basically told "that's the answer we've got." This kind of thing happens a lot in quizzes. We tied for first place and to add insult to my misery, in the tie break I incorrectly identified Wimbledon Tennis Club as the MCG. I was having a bad night.

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent

Going to disagree with you on that Unknown007, for me it was a big let down and counts as my worst Connery movie ( but yes, I agree 7 movies for Connery).

I especially missed the various elements of the Eon Bond series, the casting, the theme music etc, which demonstrated to me how invaluable they are.

Legrand’s score was poor and as for the title theme song…

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,213MI6 Agent

I never count CR67 or NSNA as proper Bond films, so for me the answer is, and always will be, 6 Connery Bond films.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • Unknown007Unknown007 Posts: 201MI6 Agent

You are entitled to your own opinion Smithers500 and I respect you for that.....

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent

I wouldn’t have it any other way, 😉

Apparently NSNA has one of the worst audience scores of a Bond movie on Rotten Tomatoes too. Strangely not as bad from the critics though.

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".