Other Characters for Style Inspiration

Although Bond is my main style inspiration (I'm inspired by rather than striving for SA) with there being a longer gap between movies, and each movie having a limited number of outfits, man cannot live by Bond alone. I wondered what other characters members looked to for inspiration.

Outside of Bond my main sources are:

Bruce Wayne - mainly the Christain Bale movies. Wasn't overly impressed with the dull wardrobe Ben Afleck had.

Harvey Spector Suits - as the name suggests Harvey is mainly in a suit but the series has some really good smart casual outfits.

Neal Caffery White Collar - some great dressed up and casual outfits.

Seems to be a distinct lack of well dressed heroes about these days.

Comments

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent

Harvey Specter has worn several Bond brands over the course of the show: Tom Ford suits and sunglasses, Massimo Alba cardigans, Persol sunglasses, and a John Varvatos suede jacket.

• MailfistMailfist Posts: 241MI6 Agent

Love the suede jacker Harvey wore. Much preferred it to the Spectre Tangiers jacket. Could never track down where it came from. Thanks Westward_Drift you solved that mystery. I spent months trying to find a similar jacket until I got one in Massimo Dutti when I was in Europe.

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    edited November 2022

Glad to help. I too took notice of the jacket when Season 9 of Suits aired. I was shocked that it was JV Star USA like the blue Suede Cafe Racer from Spectre.

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent

Since my main style inspiration from Bond comes from the six Bond films of the 1960s (with quite a bit from Roger's Bond films as well), I look to other characters from the 1960s. Roger Moore in The Saint is a big one for me. Other stylish 1960s spies like John Steed, Napoleon Solo and Maxwell Smart are up there too. Michael Caine's stylish 1960s films like Alfie, Deadfall and The Italian Job are big influences for me too. Steve McQueen in The Thomas Crown Affair is another big one. Caine and McQueen in these films were dressed by Doug Hayward, so there's another Bond connection as he tailored Roger Moore for his last three Bond films. Outside of the 1960s, I look to the Bond actors in other films and television series, like Roger Moore in The Persuaders and Pierce Brosnan in Remington Steele and The Thomas Crown Affair. Cary Grant's 1950s films are another inspiration.

Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Aliya77Aliya77 Posts: 1MI6 Agent

Hi guys

Looking to other characters for style inspiration can be a fun and creative way to revamp your wardrobe.

• MailfistMailfist Posts: 241MI6 Agent

I had hoped that the new Batman movie might provide some style inspiration from playboy Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale's wardrobe was excellent, Ben Affleck's monotone and boring) but since they apparently decided to model Bruce on Kurt Cobain he consequently looked like he should be sleeping in a shop doorway so no joy.

• cmdr_bongcmdr_bong AustraliaPosts: 202MI6 Agent

Not a TV/film characters, but I always look to Ryan Reynolds for casual/preppy style. His is a very approachable style (most guys would have very similar items in their wardrobe already), where he takes very basic pieces, but combined them for a very elegant and stylish look. Just google "Ryan Reynolds style" and get your inspirations.

• armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent

Speaking of Ryan Reynolds style, I'm looking for a specific jacket that isn't made anymore that Jakob Dylan happened to wear (also showed up on Ryan Reynolds; replica sites call it the Echo in the Canyon Jakob Dylan Jacket) and I was wondering if there's any reliable replica site?

Are they all one and the same?

The ones that have pictures get the jacket pocket totally wrong, and I have a feeling they're all selling the same replica.

Yes. Consssssiderably.