Billy Reid Sizing advice

Hi everyone ,

I’m torn between a small or medium for the Billy Reid.

Im a 37/38 chest. I’m worried a medium will be too big and a small too tight.

Any advice out there?

Comments

• CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent

I can't speak for the newer reportedly stretchier wool, but on the older version I had to size up to a Large and I typically take a Medium (40/41 chest) in most things. The good news is it's easy to alter since it's liner-free.

I edit, therefore I am.
  • RichardCard82RichardCard82 Posts: 292MI6 Agent

The newer version runs bigger, I'm a size 41" chest and I wear a medium, fits just right. Not too lose, maybe a small would be best for you

• DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent

I have a 39/40" chest and In the older versions I can wear either a small or medium; I prefer the fit of the small.

My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
  • GaryorangeGaryorange Posts: 160MI6 Agent

Thank you. I’m tipping towards a small. I think that match the movie fit better.

• ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent

Can you buy them in England?

Yes. Considerably!

Yes for the moment but they sell out fast.

• MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent

Do you intend to layer anything under the jacket?

I know where you keep your gun!
  • lotusguy2001lotusguy2001 Posts: 132MI6 Agent

Man I don’t always get some of the sizing advice on here. I’m 40-41 chest and maybe a little broad in the shoulders, and I’ve got an Xl which allows me to layer and lift my arms comfortably. It seems as if some recommendations on here like size m on this, or the Barbour Skyfall would be tiny or the very least pretty tight . Just saying perhaps contact Billy Reid because it seems sometimes the community here wants things “painted on” as opposed to functional?

Thank you for the advice. Thank you everyone.