How can a new incarnation of Bond just appear now?

2»

Comments

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent

Rory is a great actor...and I quite liked his Tanner but I did never get the sense of the friendship he and Bond are supposed to have from Fleming.

Always sad Villiers never made it back from throwing up at the Ocean Club!

• Trigger_MortisTrigger_Mortis Posts: 100MI6 Agent

Easily. It will just be its own universe.

Pattinson, Afleck, and Bale are three totally different Batman/Waynes who, in their respective universes, share their commonality in history: deceased parents, living in Gotham City, quest for justice etc...

There's no reason why the same formula cannot apply to Bond.

If anything, it already has very thinly operated that way between Dr. No and Die Another Day.

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,815MI6 Agent

.... and obviously working that way since CR.

• sinlumsinlum Posts: 123MI6 Agent

There is no/little evidence in CR that the film was a prequel to any other film or that its narrative was establishing a new timeline. You can debate either way that CR is a follow on from DAD or that it has its own stand alone storyline. However, thanks to references in SF, SP and NTTD, there is quite a bit of evidence on offer to support the theory that Craig's Bond follows on from Brosnan's who follows on from the others. Admittedly SP makes a hash of the whole origin story but the film even contradicts itself at times. I'll post my thoughts on SP one day....

I don't see how the events of NTTD are really going to have an effect on the next series of films. EON productions had to resolve the storyline element from OHMSS in the early seventies that had clearly not worked with audiences at the time. Audiences wanted a more campy style of film and that's what they got. The series continued with that style for the next few films and continued its success in its new form.