Not a young Bond

DovyDovy Posts: 206MI6 Agent

I am aware that the producers don't ever want a Bond who is TOO young, say 30 or younger. I agree 100%. I also realize they want an actor to be Bond for 10-15 years, i.e. 4-7 films. But I still think Bond shouldn't be less than 40, and can fill the role until around 50, EVEN if that means less blatant sex and violence. Who needs it? Cut down the sex and violence, especially with the video-game style introduced by Brosnan. A 40 year old Bond may only do 4-5 films in 10 years, but so what?

On the other hand, the highly depressing ending to NTTD really will have an effect on a future Bond run. After all, who could ever get out of their mind the thoroughly depressing scenes of Bond et al in the midst of death, virtual suicide and all that philosophizing. The spirit of Connery and Moore would be just fine with me. I know this might seem totally unrealistic, but that's what I liked most about them, being upbeat. I can't get out of my head the comment by Judi Dench, that Craig's Bond was too gloomy. That's much basic feeling now. Depressing, depressed, insecure, reluctant hero, I felt it with Dalton and Craig, and a sense of insecurity with Brosnan.