FS - Greg Williams: Daniel Craig's Bond Limited Edition

Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent

I have ended up with two copies of GW's Daniel Craig's Bond book released via Omega. I am looking to move one on to fund other Bondian things.

Comments

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent

As a couple of people have already asked for pictures of internal images...

You may have seen this on The Bond Experience channel but every copy has a request from Greg not to share the internal contents of the book.

Happy to share that but will respect the request beyond that.

• Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    edited November 2022

£5-6k for a book? 😲

What was the original price of these? Sorry I'm not at all familiar with this book.

For the life of me I can't imagine why the book costs that much.

Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”

People always seem coy about unpacking the value of items but it seems like a fair question - although I have chosen to assume you don't mean you can't imagine the value of books generally, which is a different conversation.

As to this, well, technically priceless as they were never for sale. You had to have worked on the DC films or be important to Omega to get one. There were 1000 copies made and published by Greg in collaboration with Omega.

As with all things like this a few people privileged enough to be given them have sold them on, a couple have been given to charity auctions - I think I know of 8. The prices have ranged from mid 4 to just over 5 figures.

The value comes from the market (see above), scarcity...this is currently the *only* copy for sale in the world as far as I can see...access - as far as I can see everyone has respected the request for no internal pictures so now Omega no longer have it on display in London if you want to see the book you have to get the book, and comparative value, a single signed Bond print from Greg would set you back £8k+ through £20k+ depending on size yet this is a 20 year collection featuring 100s of images and a signed note from him plus a card from BB and MGW etc. Frankly I enjoy the book more than my print.

Hmm...you're right, I should double the price! 😁 But, I don't believe in God, just a reasonable rate of return - in this case, very reasonable.

Like Tosca this isn't for everyone but the Bond community is rich in diversity of circumstance, which is what makes it fun - there is no cost barrier to entry or enjoyment. Your circumstances can let you get joy from a Parker Pen or small Lego set but equally you might be one of the, frankly more than you'd think, fortunate ones that collects £6,7,8k+ watches with abandon and drives £100k+ cars.

This is for the latter. Although I do hope Omega put a copy back on display at some point.

It is, I should add. On hold.

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Instagram - bondclothes007

curses - I wrote a long reply to this as I thought it was a fair q and people are always coy about unpacking value - but I edited a spelling mistake and now I think the post is in the "pending approval purgatory". Hopefully will get approved soon.

Sold. Please close.

This discussion has been closed.