From Russia with Love
1) When No. 1 discusses Bond concerning the death of Dr. No, he made no reference at all to the entire complex built in Crab Key and everything and everyone else destroyed from their project. But at least there was a degree of continuity connecting the two films. This was my second time seeing the film and I think I liked it less this time than the first time. It seemed kind of flat, moreso even than Dr. No, although both are uncomplicated as far as plots go. That Rosa Glebb is something else. I have a feeling many of us have aunts or neighbors who were like Rosa Klebb. But it was a feather in the cap for equality for women in a film besides as a sex object that early being in the early 1960s.
2) How are enormous complexes built without the slightest possibility of exposure to any intelligence agencies at all?
3) Was the part involving the gypsy dancing and fighting just a way to fill up time?
4) Why was a powerful organization like SPECTRE going to "take revenge" merely by using a tape of Bond and Tatiana in bed?
5) How was Grant able to follow Bond so easily all over the place, and even to the train station if he had no tracking device?
6) What did the extensive romantic encounter between Bond and Tatiana Romanova on the train contribute to the flow of the story prior to the death of Kerim Bey? It just seemed to fill time.
7) Where did Bond get the high powered rifle when trying to escape from the helicopter? He was only carrying the case with the Lektor.
8) Did the briefcase with the Lektor change since Bond seemed only to have a regular briefcase when escaping from the helicopter and not the larger one containing the Lektor?
9) How were the SPECTRE agents so sure where they could find Bond and Tatiana and even do so by boat? If they COULD follow them so easily then why didn't they use helicopters again?
10) With all the techniques available to SPECTRE, why didn't they have better means at their disposal to undertake their acts of sabotage?
11) How did Klebb know where to locate Bond and find him in the hotel?
12) Where was the tape the whole time before Bond threw it in the water at the end?
13) What was expected to be the future of Tatiana? She surely wasn't going to end up with Bond.