Joyce Bartle - the model on the FYEO poster

Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,815MI6 Agent
edited December 2022 in The James Bond Films

The FYEO poster is one of the most iconic posters ever. Not only James Bond posters, but also movies in general. But while the legs on the poster are world famous, the model isn't. Her name is Joyce Bartle and she was 22 years old at the time. The photographer was Morgan Kane, the namesake of the hero in a series of Norwegian (!) western books. Roger Moore was sent a script for the first of a planned series of Morgan Kane movies, but rejected the offer because he was filming LALD! 😂

But back to Joyse. Here is the poster:

Or is it this one?

Or this?

Or possibly this one?

These are all official posters. But have you seen the photo the artist based the poster on? It'd claimed this is the one:

While Joyse Bartlet's legs are world famous, I can't find any photos of her face .....

Comments

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,950MI6 Agent

the thing I notice amongst those variants is how much flesh is showing. presumably different markets demanded different levels of modesty?

the first one @Number24 shows us the model wears a narrow bikini bottom displaying generous buttcheek.

The second is a much more modest miniskirt The actual shape of upper thighs and buttocks is left to the imagination

then we get tights cut to midthigh, cut the lowest of the four, the contours of the bum should be visible in such tights but are not even implied

finally "Daisy Dukes" cutoff denim shorts, which also show nothing but have their own fetishy appeal

anybody know where each of these posters were used?

The MAD magazine parody was called "For Her Thighs Only" and referenced the bikini bottom poster, so maybe that was the version used in the United States

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,815MI6 Agent

The second poster was made for use in muslim countries.

• MI6_HeadquartersMI6_Headquarters Posts: 168MI6 Agent

Actually here she is, though I'm not sure how old was she in here:

Joyce Bartle is on the left side of the article, that one standing, to put on emphasis, I will crop the image.

Got it from New York Times, here you can spot her name Joyce Bartle, to see her more, here's the cropped picture:

Here, I marked her name to prove that it's she:

Thanks.

I'm no longer sure if the last photo in my first post is really of Battle. We'll see.