Behind the scenes books

Hi,

I'm wondering if there are any more 'behind the scenes' type books out there. I've read the '007 diaries filming LALD' by Roger Moore. I'm just finishing 'For me eyes only' by director John Glen and they are both fantastic accounts of the movie making days. Are there any others? I think all the later Daniel Craig movies have had them written but are there any from earlier years. These two are great and certainly recommended for Moore era fans.

Comments

• IstvanTheHun007IstvanTheHun007 Posts: 75MI6 Agent

Check out Bond in Italy and Bond in the Bahamas.

• PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,230MI6 Agent

I highly recommend both The Making Of On Her Majesty's Secret Service and The Making Of The Living Daylights by Charles Helfenstein. Despite being out of print, they are pretty easy to find and contain lots of great information and pictures that I have not seen before from making both movies. Also, Licence To Kill, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies and The World Is Not Enough all had making of book published at the time of the film's respective releases, and I really enjoyed reading the first three, going to read to the making for TWINE in the near future.

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,707MI6 Agent

Some Kind of Hero gives great behind the scenes info on all of the films in the series too, although with such a lot to cover you're not getting too much in the way of on set anecdotes and the like, it's more the production side of things with how the films were developed, which is very interesting.

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Posts: 296MI6 Agent

Have you read the On the Tracks of 007 books?

James Bond Australia - Website | Twitter | Mastodon | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Newsletter

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LetterBoxd | YouTube