Site Outage - January 2023

13»

Comments

• JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent

Would it be possible to remove all old and unused topics from the 'off topics' section? This is a big area of AJB and must use a lot of resources?

I mentioned before I think about 'for sale' topics. This too must use a lot of space for things that have been sold a long time ago?

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,323Chief of Staff

That's a good idea, though I'd not want to remove all the old topics. I'll do some trimming.

Not sure about the "For Sale" topics- I think Sir Miles would know better there, since there may be some issues.

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,569Chief of Staff

Probably a lot of the older sale posts could go…although I’d be loath to remove them all…

YNWA 97
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,213MI6 Agent

I’m still getting the internal server error in the quote conversation thread but some of the other threads are ok.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • HarryCanyonHarryCanyon Posts: 198MI6 Agent

Site was down for me earlier today.

I’ve been on three times today without issues…but that still leaves plenty of time in between 🤔

YNWA 97
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent

Yes, same here. It was down for a while in the afternoon. Good to see AJB back up and running again.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Do either of you have a rough (or exact 🤣) time of when the site went down and then worked again?

YNWA 97
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    edited February 29

Luckily I took this screenshot yesterday when the site was down and my phone recorded the time as 14.33 GMT on Wednesday 28 February 2024:

I think it was down from at least that time until later on in the evening.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Thanks…I’m usually on around that time…but yesterday I wasn’t….I would have been on an hour earlier…then much later than usual…

YNWA 97

That should help to set the time of the outage then. I can't recall the exact time I noticed AJB was back up again but it was significantly later.