Upcoming Revell Model kits from the Bond series

thespyboys11thespyboys11 Lindenwold,NJPosts: 1,845MI6 Agent

Hone your X-acto knives and get your airbrush ready!

Just spotted that the Revell Model company is releasing some Bond kits his year.

Note: For some reason the website is not giving me the option to add a photo.

Comments

• Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,230MI6 Agent

Looks really good, hopefully if these sell well enough, Revell will consider doing more model kits of the vehicles from the various movies in the series. I would especially like to see the Toyota GT 200 from You Only Live Twice and the Aston Martin V8 from The Living Daylights have models produced.

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,710MI6 Agent

The Bond AM V8 is the only Bond car I think has never really had a satisfactory model or toy made of. It's very odd as everyone loves it.

I guess I'd include Lazenby's DBS too as they're so closely related.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,134MI6 Agent

I don't know why they've never done the V8 and DBS, too iconic cars (even more so as the years have gone by and with the release of NTTD). I would snap them both up in a heartbeat as have every other Bond Aston in 1:18.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,230MI6 Agent

Great news, the official James Bond website has the model kits from Revell are up for sale. They include the Aston Martin DB5 from Goldfinger, The Ford Mustang Mach 1 from Diamonds Are Forever, The Moonraker space shuttle from Moonraker, the 2CV from For Your Eyes Only, the Tiger Helicopter from Goldeneye and the BMW Z8 from The World Is Not Enough.

Here is what each one looks like :James Bond Cars & Vehicles 007Store

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,710MI6 Agent

They look quite nicely detailed, and whoever painted the demonstration models did a lovely job! No rockets on the Z8?