Calculator collecting? Count me in.

Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,157MI6 Agent

I have a few Bond calculators, but who's counting? Rather a random and uncommon category - just what I like.

Here we have the TND mini traveller briefcase calculator with card holder. Not sure if I would consider it super rare, there are a few pics of it on google. Wouldn't be surprised if a few of you have this one. It's just one of many fun little promo gizmos that tied in with the release of TND. Pushing both latch buttons either side at once opens the case.

^inner lid holds business cards and mini traveller documents

TWINE promo calculator with fold-out stand. No company branding in sight. I suspect it's not a '90s promo but something made more recently due to several merch companies customizing the same model. A nice little pocket size, it reminds me of a gadget from the TWINE video game, and what's also cool is how the screen cover folds back and underneath to become the stand. The cover doesn't flip up quickly, it takes its time (about 4 seconds) to rotate around. The grey side pieces are rubber.

^calculator on Q's desk - perhaps attempting to add up how many vehicles Bond has destroyed?

Seiko promo watch from Moonraker - I'm sure everyone's familiar with the image of Bond in space suit popping up through the watch face. This is not actually the M354 model seen in the film, but a C153 series calculator watch (C153 5007, naturally).

I found the perfect donor for this little project in rough condition internally. Finished mock-up displayed on a neat blue stand.

Q's optical palm reader programmer from LTK: This is of course the device which Q plugs into the bottom of the camera gun to personalize the grip to read Dalton-Bond's prints, so nobody can use the gun but him!

I remember thoroughly searching for this calculator and then calling it a night. Early last year I spontaneously decided to have a quick look on ebay, and what do you know, it was the first listing on the page, cheap, and located just a few suburbs away from me. It was meant to be - it had my name on it. It's an elusive one to find - I've never seen another in the wild. Finished prop complete with cables and plug:

I know of at least a couple more different promo ones out there. Anyone else have a Bondian calculator to share? Stand up and be counted.

Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.

Comments

• thespyboys11thespyboys11 Lindenwold,NJPosts: 1,845MI6 Agent

WOW!!! Great collection!!!! ---Ed

• Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,157MI6 Agent

Cheers Ed! []}

• texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,350MI6 Agent

I love it!!!! Thank you for sharing. This is my kind of collecting.

• Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,157MI6 Agent
    edited February 2023

Many thanks Kan, glad you liked it.

Lots more of the collection to share, and some items I think not shown here yet. Hoping to see more prop discussion in general, across the board.