OHMSS DBS 1:18 model

emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,710MI6 Agent

Very nice-looking, I suspect unofficial, DBS model here. Not much in the way of details of how you'll be able to buy it though!

It's missing the mirrors and vents on the C pillar, but hey.

Tagged:

Comments

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,134MI6 Agent

Interesting... Thanks for posting @emtiem

First time I've seen that. Shame it doesn't seem to be available.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,710MI6 Agent

It says it's coming Q2 of this year, but yes: it's not clear from which resellers.

Someone on facebook said that luxury 1:8 scale (yes, 1:8!) models of various Bond cars are coming this year, complete with gadgets, but I don't know where they've got that information so I won't hold my breath. Also I'd have nowhere to put a half metre-long model car!

• Gebruder GumboldGebruder Gumbold San FranciscoPosts: 541MI6 Agent

There should be no lower sill cover in SS. No louvers vents on the rear valance under the back window.

Vitaloni Sebring wing mirrors are missing. There ought to be no Vantage side emblems- film cars did not have these, even though they had special engines. Door handles are S2 type. Tailpipes are too short. Steering wheel looks way out of proportion in thickness.

How can they not get this right? There have been plenty of 1:43 scale offerings now that have all these details correct. Looks as if they took that awful Corgi one and copied it. Sloppy, very sloppy.

For a good look at a real DBS, please see my site:

OHMSSDBS,com

Cheers,

Tom

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,710MI6 Agent

I mentioned the vents and mirrors, yes. It’s not official I think, so it’s probably more of case of having a model of the car and deciding to whack the numberplate on.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,134MI6 Agent

Thanks for the detailed observations Tom. I spotted some aspects but not quite your level!

To be honest, I'm just happy to finally see a 1:18 scale model of a DBS in (near as dammit) olive green at last, so I'll probably take the plunge.

"Any of the opposition around..?"