Alexander Olch

Has anyone purchased from Alexander Olch recently? I placed an online order for the NTTD tie, and it has been crickets.

I haven’t found any news articles about them going under, but I haven’t been able to make contact through email, call or text.

Comments

• asd007asd007 Posts: 220MI6 Agent

Any update on this? Was planning on ordering one myself soon.

• lewishudson88lewishudson88 Posts: 9MI6 Agent

Not a peep.

• writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent

If you Google them, it says “temporarily closed”. Let’s hope it’s just that.

"Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent

They disappeared twice briefly during the pandemic and I thought they had gone under then but they came back. Maybe the owners just take annual breaks.

• mccoy87mccoy87 Posts: 7MI6 Agent

Looks like the store is now open. Have you guys got your order? I am about to place one but I am a bit skeptical.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent

@lewishudson88 Did you get your order resolved? Hear back from them with any explanation?

I think I would be hesitant to order from them, given their recent (lack of) performance in customer service and communication. They may of course have a genuine understandable reason for this?

"Any of the opposition around..?"

Hi all. Apologies for the delayed response.

I had all but given up hope, and I finally got an email response:

“We really appreciate your patience on this order. Due to extremely high demand on the Avery styles, our silk weaving team has been behind schedule, but they are working diligently in extra shifts, and we are making good progress.

Your order is currently on track to ship the week of July 10th. We are trying to push this forward to the week of July 3rd.

We appreciate your understanding on this.

And please let me know if you have any questions.

We are also in the process of finishing our new studio space in New York — if you are ever in NY, please let us know and we would be happy to schedule a visit and tour of the new space. Our new online experience at Olch.com will also be launching soon.”

I can completely understand the backordering and the extended lead time, but I’m hard pressed to find a reason they went radio silent for several months.

Nevertheless, hope remains.

• mccoy87mccoy87 Posts: 7MI6 Agent

Thank you! This is reassuring. I am going to place my order now!

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent

I received my tie this week. Quite the saga, but I’m happy with the tie.

• UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent

I wish I’d found this post before placing my order in February.

I now face the same issue. They take your money straight away plus US$63 for Priority International Shipping (6-10 Business Days) and then… nothing. No contact, no response to emails etc and the same excuse on their website. We’re moving and the updated website coming in Spring 24.

Not just shockingly poor Customer Service but NO Customer Service. How difficult is it to add an ‘on back order’ statement to the website or actually answer a customer email? 😡😡

At least this post has partially reassured me that one day my tie might actually arrive…

• asd007asd007 Posts: 220MI6 Agent

I'm in the same boat. I finally pulled the trigger at the end of January. Next day got an email saying that they were very busy, but my tie was scheduled to be produced by first week of February. There has been no communication since. I've emailed twice, just asking for an updated timeframe. But as mentioned by others- radio silence.

• ludwigkludwigk Posts: 2MI6 Agent

Same here... ordered beginning of January then got the same message that it would ship early Feb but still nothing as of today (early April). Repeated emails and phones calls have remained unanswered.