Help with Tom Ford shirts sizing

writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 418MI6 Agent

Currently sitting on the fence on getting the NTtD TF white shirt, but, given it would be my first TF garment (currently owning only ties and sunglasses) I have been unsure with sizing. Add to that the fact that I'm currently slimming down after a lengthy period without any exercise due to an injury (now thankfully behind me). Trying to get back to my usual 80-82 kg after having reached almost 95 (currently almost halfway there at 88).

That being said, and despite Luigi from TF being his usual kind, attentive and comprehensive fellow, I'm on a doubt here. Any forum members owning one or more TF shirts would be welcome to share their insight and help me decide.

For context, I'm 177 cm high, currently weighing 88kg (but again, the goal is to get this down to 80-82), and my current chest and stomach measures are 107cm and 100cm respectively (and once again, working on getting these down to fitter levels). My current range of shirts go from 42 (16 1/2", the ones when I've been the heaviest) to 40 (15 3/4", the opposite), and I'm thinking a 41 (16") would be the realistic expectation. For reference, I own a couple of John Henric shirts (the Matera alternates to the BC) and they're both a 41 and I wore them confortably when I was my normal size (and I can almost do so already!). And my Sinclair conduit suit (that I currently can't fit in but that I wore proudly for several years... and will again) is a size 50. But I know TF shirts are quite demanding in their "slim" fit, so I would ask whether it'd be best to just get a 42 and get it tailored at a later date once I've settled on size and know my "new real" measures. Any input would be much appreciated.

I know the only right answer would be to get to a TF boutique and try them on, but that's not realistic even if we take into account that I'm not in my "normal" shape. So I'm asking for your valued help. Many thanks in advance.

"Enjoy it while it lasts."
"The very words I live by."