Video of Connery and gun expert Boothroyd

Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,815MI6 Agent
edited June 2023 in The James Bond Films

Here is a short feature where Sean Connery introduces Geoffrey Boothroyd, the gun expert who advised Fleming on firearms and inspired him to chose the Walther PPK for Bond. Boothroyd demonstrates handguns and holsters for the camera.

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,390Chief of Staff

Thanks, N24!

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,815MI6 Agent

This would be a natural part of the DVD Special Features, probably GF. But I haven't seen it on DVD anywhere. Shame.

• Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,421Quartermasters

The Boothroyd Guns of Bond video appears on the DVD and Blu-Ray editions of Dr No. I haven't looked at it on DVD for a long time, so can't quite remember if it's exactly the same as the clip you've shared here but it looks the same as I remember it. I just don't recall if the intro from Fort Knox is included on the DVD. It would be strange to place it on the Dr No disc when it appears to be a promo of sorts for Goldfinger.

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,815MI6 Agent

I see.

• PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,230MI6 Agent

@Goldrush007: I am guessing that Eon Productions and MGM choose to include this on the DVD/ Blu Ray of Dr. No so it would have more bonus features. Afterall, going forward from Dr. No many of the other movies have more content available in the archives to be included for the enjoyment of fans like us.

• Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,421Quartermasters

That is true, and of course the scene of Major Boothroyd replacing Bond's Beretta with the Walther PPK come from Dr No in film as well as print. I had just forgotten that Fort Knox played a part in the featurette.