THE ETERNAL QUESTION....

stuperrinsstuperrins Posts: 2MI6 Agent

Hello all, I hope you don't mind me posting this here, I am a British Comic Awards and ComicScene nominated writer from the UK and I recently launched a kickstarter campaign for my latest project. It's called Brightside and asks the eternal question - 'What would happen if James Bond was a Victorian steam punk Audrey Hepburn?' Reward tiers from £2 to £200 so i'd really appreciate it you guys could check it out.

Thanks.

BRIGHTSIDE by Stu — Kickstarter

Comments

• stuperrinsstuperrins Posts: 2MI6 Agent
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent

'What would happen if James Bond was a Victorian steam punk Audrey Hepburn?'

I can honestly say this is something that has never crossed by mind before and I think about James Bond a lot.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,811MI6 Agent

Audrey Hepburn really was involved in the Dutch resistance during WWII, so ...

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent

Truth is stranger than fiction as they say...

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

I think Audrey Hepburn as a steampunk superspy is an intriguing and and fun idea.

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,949MI6 Agent

uhoh, I think I spotted an anachronism!

that well-known design of tarot cards she is playing with is the Rider-Waite deck, first printed 1909 according to wikipedia, 8 years after the death of Queen Victoria!

but I guess if its steampunk, its an alternate history and the steam powered Difference Engines might have changed other sequences of events, including accelerating the late Victorian growth of the occult?

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,379Chief of Staff

We already have the title for such a story- Breakfast At Tiffany Case's.

Actually the villain's base in an armored train in Goldeneye was pretty steampunk.