Orlebar Brown Octopussy Capsule

Agent EternalAgent Eternal Athens, GreecePosts: 158MI6 Agent

I received an email from OB yesterday informing me that a new capsule collection based on Octopussy will be revealed in a month.

Any idea what it might include?

Comments

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent

Haha ^ was waiting for that!

Instagram - bondclothes007
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we see a Cuban collar shirt or swim trunks based on those colours or pattern.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • Agent EternalAgent Eternal Athens, GreecePosts: 158MI6 Agent
    edited June 2023

There are not many pieces left from this movie that could be reinterpreted by Orlebar Brown.

Personally i would like to see the miliary shirt he wears during the pre-title sequence. It reminds of Indiana Jones' shirt. Other pieces might be the tan safari suit he wears during the escape from the palace. The vest and shirt he wears when he meets Octopussy, That's about it.

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,707MI6 Agent

Will it just be the poster printed on stuff?

I guess you could do the twins' red shirt look which Bond appropriates, but I'm not sure anyone would want that.

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent

OB have mostly refrained from reproducing clothes made by existent brands, so I’m wondering if they will reproduce the military shirt and the safari shirt, both made by Frank Foster. They did a take on Foster’s Moonraker half-zip, but entitled reinterpreted it as knitwear. Foster even made the red shirt that Bond steals. I imagine that little of the collection will be replicas. I’m imagining poster prints.

Visit my blog, Bond Suits

They just posted some new graphics to tease the release at the end of the month.

It looks like they are really into promoting this. I am wondering what pieces they could possibly have in the capsule. 🤔

edited July 2023

It's quite nice but I wouldn't say ultra-professional looking standard of illustration, if you know what I mean. And what's up with the 7?

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent

It looks like a hand-painted poster from Ghana. Which I love, but maybe not for this endeavor.

edited July 2023

Ah right, they've written 'Octopussy' on some stuff. And that octopus just isn't painted well enough for my money.

The polo shirts look very nice though.

• Glidrose007Glidrose007 Posts: 70MI6 Agent

Not overly impressed with any of this latest collection. The linen suit just looks like the OHMSS one they did a couple of years back

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent
    edited July 2023

This thread has a lot less laughter and swearing than I expected.

David's video review is now online:

• Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent

If this collection is as overpriced as the last ones, then I'm not interested.

Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent

Is it just me or does the octopus look like a cartoon with bug eyes and an agape mouth? Shocked at the prices?

• AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent

Usual money grab that comes around every year with the usual suspects promoting it…

The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • 00_Jona00_Jona Posts: 27MI6 Agent

Does anyone know if the newest linen suit is the same color as the "matchstick" OHMSS one? As @Glidrose007 says, they appear identical, even in the stock photos