Eaglemoss 2/Agora Models 1/8 scale James Bond partworks vehicles

ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent

On the heels of Eaglemoss? a new range of zamek metal (used to be called mazak or pig metal, what your Corgi and Dinky models were made of) monthly build yourself diecast Bond cars with almost screen accurate gadgets! (some are radio controlled. The digital number plates are close but no cigar) Kicking off with the Aston Martin DB5 from No Time To Die:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDQQpD0lEbk

The brief, for £114.95 a month you receive a box of bits (their description not The Donkey's!) and after 12 months and £1,730 you are done however there are option packages if you want it to look like it has been shot to sh*te?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp3ZLxLbQaM

https://www.agoramodels.com/007/

Comments

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

Is it life-size? 😎

• johnraidersjohnraiders Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    edited August 2023

What if they go bust after 10 months

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,710MI6 Agent
    edited August 2023

Looks like an accurate model for a change at least (although there's something off about that rear wheelarch and the wheel's location in it); very expensive though, yes. And those numberplates are pretty naff- looks like they've sourced some part from China (complete with giveaway Chinese font) that's roughly the right size. They need to get the chrome a bit shinier too.

Shame it doesn't have the rear-firing machine guns if it has the numberplates.

• B549WUUB549WUU Posts: 196MI6 Agent

Exactly! I had this with Eaglemoss - it’s a big gamble but perhaps less likely than a 3 year instalment plan as I suspect all instalments are already sat in a warehouse somewhere.

For me, I will wait for the Living Daylights Aston that it looks like they’re working on. I have never seen a model of this on anything greater than a standard Corgi scale (1:36?).

Her Majesty’s loyal terrier, defender of the so called faith.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,134MI6 Agent

Agree with other comments. The number plate looks naff and the paintwork and finishing around the headlights isn't great. For £1,730.00 you could buy a much more authentic and quality piece of James Bond merchandise.

"Any of the opposition around..?"

This one is more impressive, although is also a touch more expensive:

• ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    edited August 2023

You’d be surprised but the finish on the big puppy could also have been better and funny enough it is also down to the front number plate box, it's too large, however can we keep this thread on track for Agora 1/8 scale James Bond Models only! 😪

edited August 2023

I think it depends which car you're talking about with regards to the numberplate box: it looks a closer match for the bigger box on DP/216/1 as seen in Switzerland, and the font of the BMT numberplate matches that one with the squared '6', rather than the font on the plates seen on DB5/1486/R at Stoke Park with the more rounded '6'.

It is missing the side repeaters if it's trying to be DP/216/1, but artistic licence I guess! 😊

It all falls down on the number plates - I don’t recall the number plate sitting left of centre in the number plate box. Also as the LED number plate wasn’t utilised in the Final Cut - the use of it on the model seems a pointless venture.

edited August 2023

I do not know this for a fact but I suspect the extended frame on the right is a battery box? Personally I'd hoped that less than cosmetically pleasing feature would only be on the prototype and would therefore be corrected for the production models because it looks just as naff on the boot lid however regrettably this is not the case according to the pre-orders page which is now live!

Yeah I get the feeling it's a pre-existing part they've sourced which they've decided is close enough (I'm sure getting bespoke screens made is probably very expensive) but it's not quite right.

Just frustrates me that there is a whole ‘mod’ market out there because they can’t do the job properly first time. Someone probably will work a mod for this but shouldn’t have to. I will pass. Not much they can mess up on the Living Daylight Aston I hope

Well I don't think I've seen a Daylights Aston model which has got the shape right yet, so fingers crossed they can!

• Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,157MI6 Agent

I thought the shape of the Johnny Lightning Vantage looked great, I have one of those, but that's 1:64. Although, you have issues like wrong rims or paint job being too dark. Universal Hobbies 1:43 was the best thus far imo.

Just on the DB5 side vents, did the bullet shells eject through twin barrels like that on the stunt car? Never seen a close up of that area, just assumed that they spit out sideways like with a conventional ejection port.

Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent

The very first thing I noticed was the frame. I'm thinking it's to allow for some sort of quick connector or something; surely any batteries (along with controls for the plates so they're synchronized) would be in the body of the vehicle somewhere as they were with the Eaglemoss.

• PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent

God that woman is irritating; she's done a few Bond-related videos which are just rife with inaccurate statements.

New video which shows they have retained those rather naff, not screen accurate, number plate surrounds! 😪

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-bon-vaqVU

Despite my initial reservations I am going for it having been reassured that you can replace the hideous LED number plated with a permanent solution. Still some reservations but I missed out on the 1:8 scale build Bond’s DB5 a few years ago. It’s nice to have a model that is the UTD NTTD version.

Not sure about the Lotus as I have a couple of nice 1:18 scale of that but we will see nearer the time.

Has anyone else gotten the bullet and gone for it?

edited September 2023

A WARNING TO GULLIBLE COLLECTORS:

Don't know what they are selling/scamming but they are illustrating the Agora models DB5!

I've informed Agora Models 👍️

edited October 2023

Perhaps Agora Models have replaced the naff LCD number plates (note the even border Compared to the elongated right side previously shown) however I suspect these are the static plates:

Still looks like the LCD to me, right down to the Chinese font.

Got the first instalment today

1. the spokes on the wheel are both satisfying on completion and also an absolute bugger to do - took me close to 2hr.
    2. The window panel feels loose in the door when assembled
    3. Otherwise a good quality and satisfying build but I am struggling to see how this is going to be done in 12 instalments. I can only assume the deliveries get bigger as time goes on.