Military look navy/midnight blue bomber jacket

007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent

Hi I’m after suggestions for military look bomber jacket.I get a lot of wear out of the Barbour Covert but without being cosplay looking for more tactical look. At the moment the Belstaff Hooker from MI 3 seems the best so am looking on EBay but if there are current similar jackets I’d be grateful if any experts could let me know

Anthony

Comments

• CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    edited August 2023

Not a bomber by any means, but for a sharp-looking navy blue "tacticool" military-style jacket I really like the Arktis B110 or B310 combat smocks. It's a shame Arktis isn't a Bond brand, because I feel like it easily could be.

The jacket's length can be shortened and torso slimmed with the drawcords to really look the business. Lots of OHMSS Piz Gloria anorak vibe IMO.

https://store.arktis.co.uk/products/b110-combat-smock-navy-blue

I edit, therefore I am.
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent

On the topic of blue bomber jackets, I've always kept an eye out for a good alternative to the Ryan Reynolds Brunello Cucinelli bomer jacket he's worn over the years.

Yes. Consssssiderably.
  • PandemicPandemic Posts: 81MI6 Agent

Spier & McKay release a few bomber jackets each season. Often they are in more ‘menswear’ fabrics like seersucker, linen, moleskin or tweed, but I think they have done more traditional fabrics as well.

I have one of their field jackets in a tweed gun check and like it a lot.

• CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    I edit, therefore I am.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent

For a time we wondered if the Hugo Boss Coram jacket from Mission Impossible: Fallout was Brunello Cuchinelli. Instead the costume department removed the knit hem of the Hugo Boss for a very similar look. So maybe look for a blue bomber with darker knit trim and have a tailor remove the hem.