Fleming's Resting Place

ForEnglandForEngland Posts: 1MI6 Agent
edited November 2023 in General James Bond Chat

I visited the resting place of Fleming today and thought that some of you may appreciate a few photos. The Fleming family obelisk carries the plaques of Ian, his wife Ann and their son Caspar. Shamefully, Ian's original plaque was stolen in 2021.

It really is a lovely location, right next door to his former (and final) house. The last pic shows a gate and line of trees leading to his house. This is apparently the route taken to the church.

Comments

• SoneroSonero Posts: 45MI6 Agent

Thank you for these beautiful pictures of the final resting place of the great man.

May his soul rest in peace. Amen.

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

Thank you for sharing those. I hope to get there some time. I once spent a day walking through London to all of his living and working spots, it was very interesting to see his world.

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent

Thank you.

• MarkerMarker Posts: 65MI6 Agent

Unfortunately, for some reason the images aren't showing.

Author of 'An Ungentlemanly Act' and 'Execution of Duty'. The WW2 espionage series starring Harry Flynn.

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff

If you click on the link you are given the option of viewing them…🙂

YNWA 97
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 65MI6 Agent

Ah. I thought something was broken.

Author of 'An Ungentlemanly Act' and 'Execution of Duty'. The WW2 espionage series starring Harry Flynn.