Searching for QOS TOM FORD black Cardigan IT48

If anyone would like to sell the black TOM FORD cardigan (size it48), I would be very interested in it.

Thanx a lot!

Joerg

Comments

• Matt BMatt B Posts: 369MI6 Agent

Hi, I have a few that are a little larger BUT, I have one in a size 52 that shrank a bit

. It is probably about a size 48 now. The wool is not as soft to the touch as it was because it is now slightly felted but it still looks great and in terms of fit it kinda looks better as it’s not as slouchy. I realize that it’s lost a lot of its value since it’s shrunk so asking 1/3 of retail price $500.

• SchnoeppSchnoepp Posts: 187MI6 Agent

Hey Matt,

thank u for this offer. Size 52 is two sizes larger than I need. Are you sure that it fit like size 48? What did you do to make the cardigan felted?

I will measure it for you to give a better idea of the size - it was laundered too warm so shrank and the wool is now a bit felted - it’s snug on me with just a t-shirt underneath, much more so than a 50 which I have one in, so probably about a 48 but I don’t know exactly. it will be a little bit of a gamble on the size as It will be hard to estimate the exact size, but I am 6ft tall, size 52 TF suits and it’s wearable but a bit too tight for me so should fit a 48 fine. This is the one that shrank on the left next to a brand new size 52. I tried to capture the felting in a photo.

edited December 2023

also feel free to come try it on in person if you’re in New York sometime - I’m not advertising to sell it so there is no rush - if you come here for work at some point etc we could coordinate something. I’ve had some luck in being able to find several of these cardigans over the years (sold my first one and regretted it for years until I finally found another one!) so would be happy if I can help out another collector.

• SchnoeppSchnoepp Posts: 187MI6 Agent

I send u a pm