Thunderball Q-Branch Harpoon spearheads

thespyboys11thespyboys11 Lindenwold,NJPosts: 1,845MI6 Agent

Since I first saw these in the photo of 'Q' with these alternate Harpoon spearheads I was determined to, one day, add these to my collection.

I believe these were intended for use on the underwater jetpack. In one scene we see Bond fire off an explosive spear at SPECTRE Frogman.

(Yes...I photoshopped the spear tips unto the photo)

Later on we see him shoot another at a cable holding a door which explodes on impact and causes a door to pin two of the Spectre frogmen.

Unfortunately, we only get to see these only in stills and not in use within the film.

I thought it would also very cool to have a blueprint of sorts

showing the cross section of the explosive fragmentation grenade with some info

from 'Q-Branch'

I have them stored inside a plastic container with a built-in 4-point integral locking latch.

Hope you guys like them. ---Ed

Comments

• PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent

I own the originals.

They're made entirely of painted turned wood so have my doubts they would ever have been used in underwater shots.

• thespyboys11thespyboys11 Lindenwold,NJPosts: 1,845MI6 Agent

I had seen your photo before this. I wondered if yours were original. Fabulous that they are!!!!!!

Mine are also turned wood turned on a lathe.

Looks like you are missing the grenade version. Let me know if I can help you.

--Ed

• B549WUUB549WUU Posts: 196MI6 Agent

Ed. You are Q. I love the level of detail you have taken with a background item. Amazing.

Her Majesty’s loyal terrier, defender of the so called faith.

• bondsan65bondsan65 Head of Station BPosts: 38MI6 Agent

Fantastic work Ed !

Refreshing to hear there's one subject you're not an expert on...
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters

Ed,

Love these! Vintage Bond at its best. My order is in!

DG

So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters

Ed,

Please hurry up with my order. I need this set badly! It’s just so cool!!

DG

So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,168MI6 Agent

Great to see you finish this one, Ed! Yes, bonus points for crafting it from similar material. I found it surprisingly difficult to model the black 'frag' tip - the project stalled for me at that point and I haven't revisited it yet.

Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent

Cool Ed.