Factory Entertainment Solex

I dunno - not a deal breaker but doesn’t quite look right.

Her Majesty’s loyal terrier, defender of the so called faith.

Comments

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,726MI6 Agent

I guess it saves them bending them into place, but you'd think that buying some resistors would still be easier than casting and painting some fake ones! 😁

Looks nice otherwise to me though.

• Alex1995Alex1995 France/GermanyPosts: 339MI6 Agent
    edited December 2023

I admit that it looks a bit off under certain angles, especially with the paint job done on the components..

They also went a bit crazy with the resistors colors...

Otherwise it looks nice! It's not an easy one

For reference, here the side by side with the pic from the 0007 Archives

Cheers

François

1.GE 2.FRWL 3.CR 4.FYEO 5.LALD 6.TSWLM
    7.GF 8.TLD 9.TND 10.SF

"Where’s Fekkesh?” “Pyramids.” *thwap* “AHHHHHHH!”
  • B549WUUB549WUU Posts: 196MI6 Agent

Agree with both of these points. Knowing that the components are cast resin rather than trying too source something is perhaps what it is. Some of the pics seem CGI rather than actual photos as well. I have ordered and will reserve judgement. A bit of a holy grail for me so it was always going to be a purchase and TBH seems reasonably priced compared to some of their other offerings. The presentation box is nice and works well with their updated golden gun box but the etching on the glass/perspex obstructs the view a bit.

• thespyboys11thespyboys11 Lindenwold,NJPosts: 1,845MI6 Agent
    edited December 2023

Always wanted to try my hand at making one of these but never had the time so I pre-ordered this one.

Overall, at first glance, it seemed quite nice but, as all have mentioned, the interior leaves a LOT to be desired.

Looks like I still need to fabricate my own version. Here is a comparison photo.

A special 'Shout-out' to my friend, Marc who, using as many of the real component parts as he was able to ID - made the best replica I've seen so far. I need to take a few lessons from him! -Ed

Some nice attention to detail there though, like they've replicated that slightly bent fork on the left. And the gold nugget(?) is nicely done too.

I wonder if that bit of gold, if that's what it is, was supposed to feature in the dialogue a bit more? Man With the Golden Gun and all that.

Thanks for sharing Ed - your side by side comparison really highlights the shortfalls of the FE prop with the painted resin components being much more obvious that perhaps evident on the website images. Given that a 3D printed, unpainted prop is the closest I’ve got at present I will be content enough with this for now

From the refraction it looks like they might have actually encased the electronic parts within the acrylic block rather than just putting a window around them, which is a nice touch. Also it's relatively inexpensive for one of these prop replicas.

edited December 2023

I can only hope that the photos are of the prototype and that the finished version more closely matches the actual prop. --Ed

• Alex1995Alex1995 France/GermanyPosts: 339MI6 Agent

Maybe that s possible to retrofit it... 🤔

Open the FE prop and upgrade the inside with real components

1.GE 2.FRWL 3.CR 4.FYEO 5.LALD 6.TSWLM
    7.GF 8.TLD 9.TND 10.SF

"Where’s Fekkesh?” “Pyramids.” *thwap* “AHHHHHHH!”

I think if they're cast inside the acrylic that will be hard to do, and unless you cast a new block with the components inside, I think you'll lose a lot of the look.

• rennervisionrennervision Posts: 106MI6 Agent

Man, up close the FE one looks REALLY bad. Like it's a 3D-printed version sold on Etsy bad.

Here is a $57.00 3D printed version on EBay.

Whilst we can agree on there being some shortcomings with the FE version it would be unfair to compare it to a 3D print version. The fact that the main body is metal already suggests it is superior and closer to the screen prop.

• ttdriverttdriver Posts: 202MI6 Agent

I saw the 3d one on ebay for $150...the $57 one looked like this, so the FE one could be worse I guess. The internals of the $150 one look better, but the additional $50 for a metal housing that is more accurate is not such a bad trade off for me. I still think that the one Marc did is a superior

piece that I am proud to have in my display collection.