Visiting London

llvhhuillvhhui Posts: 81MI6 Agent
edited December 2023 in Off Topic Chat

Fellow Bond fans, I’m visiting London for the first time this weekend. Any recommendations?

Comments

• JellyfishJellyfish EnglandPosts: 465MI6 Agent

I went a few years ago just after Skyfall was released and visited some locations from the film: the MI6 building, the National Gallery (although the room with the Fighting Temeraire was closed due to industrial action) and the London Underground entrance that Daniel Craig runs out of on his way to the enquiry shootout. Some tourist places, for instance Buckingham Palace, have a bit of a Bond connection, as Daniel Craig met the Queen there for the London Olympics opening ceremony.

Have a look on the internet for other places too. I found this:

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff

Make sure you bring money. Lots of money. The British Museum is free; otherwise, expect to part with those pounds!

Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,287MI6 Agent

To be fair, it is just nice to walk around if the weather is fine - though this weekend it isn't great. Say, from Tower Bridge on the south side of the river to Westminster.

Or, breakfast at Cafe Rouge at St Paul's Cathedral - if it is open.

A nice ginger lemon flapjack or thing from the classy coffee outlet Leon, of which there are many.

I'm told the lights at Carnaby Street look great this year, and of course the Christmas lights on Regent Street. Just off Carnaby St, Liberty has a floor devoted to Christmas stuff, such as baubles, so have a look at that perhaps?

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017