No Time to Die Prada Tie

Was Prada ever confirmed as the maker of the tie that went with the Tom Ford navy PoW suit? I read a post on From Tailors with Love that seemed conclusive.

Does anyone know if these ties are still available anywhere? A link would be appreciated!

Comments

• MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent

I don't think the tie is available anymore but From Tailors with Love did an article about the tie...

https://fromtailorswithlove.co.uk/daniel-wears-prada-the-no-time-to-die-mystery-tie

I know where you keep your gun!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent

i managed to get one but it was a pain as they also had versions with the logo visible on front.

The SA colour is black not Navy I was told

Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent
    edited January 11

Have both but was also shown some "evidence* t'was black and on balance I think that is right looking at the hi res images. But either looks good and I actually prefer the blue to wear.

As far as I know there are no more available from the original run bar second hand - got slight mania re this one as I got the suit - this includes speaking to Prada in various countries and their HQ which included having them source two from Russia which were supposed to be the last two available. Also having bought and returned some from Farfetch and other places that were using the wrong, logo-less, images as the ties they were selling had the logo on. I even discovered to my horror there was an official half and half version that had the black on the front half of the tie but a lighter shade on the thin end. Terrible!

Will add some pics later.

The design itself is a staple of the collection, however they currently have the logos on all ties. I repeatedly told everyone I spoke to in-store and on the phone this was a terrible mistake and they did say it might change again in future season collections. But so far so no change.

They are doing a logo-less polka dot version at the moment which creates a similar effect although the dots are not as fine so it's a bit bolder. But if you are looking for a credible alternative...

https://www.prada.com/gb/en/p/silk-tie-with-polka-dot-print/UCR77_13EW_F0889_S_141

I would note the hunt for this tie has been noted by some and a quick google and I can see there are several very obvious scam sites that claim to have it for sale. But they have no contact details, the SSL has expired, they have no social media footprint. They only accept card payments not PayPal or anything that could protect you. The website copyright expired in 2021 etc etc.

So please be very careful if purchasing from anywhere you haven't vetted/used before.

Would add even Prada got confused over this as they product code for the new logo'd versions was exactly the same as the logo-less versions - which discovered with horror when opening the box from Russia and there was one of each!

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent

Thank you. I did some extensive searching and managed to find the black SA version (no logo). Now I just need a navy prince of Wales suit!

excellent news. well done.