Bond season at The Prince Charles Cìnema

Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,969MI6 Agent

Have just arrived at the PCC Leicester Square to see Dr No. I might see several of the films again during this season but I won't be reviewing them again since I did that a couple of years ago during the Vue season. If there are comments to be made about my PCC experience specifically I'll make them here.

Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 53 years.

Comments

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,253MI6 Agent

😀😀😀

• Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,969MI6 Agent
    edited January 6

Well, okay... just one whimsical DN observation/ 'what if...?' speculation from me:

As Bond is in the phone booth at the airport on his call to Pleydell-Smith, Freelance is seen hovering in the background of the long shot making what vaguely could be some signal or act of coordination with Mr Jones, who is waiting by the car.

One wonders whimsically whether Freelance and Mr Jones may have had some personal connection as well as a professional liaison. If so, this might explain why later, at Puss Feller's, Freelance is so venemous towards Bond, Leiter and Quarrel - quite apart from having had her arm literally twisted, of course. Maybe she's riled over Jones's death. But if there had been any sort of prior connection between the pair, this is intriguing, since Puss Feller says Freelance is a sometime presence at his club while Pleydell-Smith seems to have indicated that Jones wasn't known locally at all.

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent

Perhaps Freelance was annoyed because Bond was opening a new file on Dr No that she felt for whatever reason was unnecessary?

https://www.ajb007.co.uk/discussion/56190/bond-season-again-at-londons-prince-charles-cinema-from-jan-24#latest

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,969MI6 Agent
    edited January 7

Oops, my apologies!

(Happy to have this thread closed, with any content here moved to the original thread, which I'd overlooked.)