NEW JAMES BOND PROP PROJECT

Here are a couple of new props in my collection.

An exact replica of the Armalite AR-7 Scope with mount as used by Tilly Masterson in the film ‘Goldfinger’.

As a special feature there is inserted, inside the rear portion of the scope, a color transparency slide that, when you look through it, you see a photo of Bond standing at the Furka Pass looking down at Goldfinger’s car. This is what Tilly would see when she was aiming her rifle from the plateau above.

The mount is metal and the scope is resin cast from a real scope as used in the film.

An exact duplicate resin casting off an actual scope as used in the film. The scope mount is made of aluminum and made to fit the top rail of an existing AR-7 rifle.

As their only line of defense, against the approaching menace of Silva’s troops, only a few weapons were available and, as Kincade pulls out this knife, exclaims “If all else fails…sometimes, the old ways are the best.” 

This replica of that knife, later used by Bond to kill Silva, is a drop point blade made with 512 layer hand-forged, tempered, hand filed, etched Damascus steel in a random pattern.

The overall length is 7 ½ inches. The blade is 1 1/8 wide and .188 thick at the base. It weighs in at a hefty 3oz.

The handle is genuine buffalo horn with unique veining. 

It comes with a 100% leather machine stitched sheath with a riveted top piece belt loop just like the one in the film. 

Comes in a presentation red felt interior display box custom laser cut to hold the knife in place.

Comments

• texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,347MI6 Agent

Both are very nice items - love it!

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent

The slide inside the scope lens is a brilliant touch!

• B549WUUB549WUU Posts: 196MI6 Agent

Such good sport

Her Majesty’s loyal terrier, defender of the so called faith.

• Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters

Excellent Ed! Can’t wait for my scope. Already have the knife from the original maker as provided by you way back when.

DG

So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • thespyboys11thespyboys11 Lindenwold,NJPosts: 1,845MI6 Agent

The scope fits perfectly in the custom made replica of the Tilly Masterson case.

• Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters

I second that. Gorgeous!

DG

So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,156MI6 Agent

Love the scope, Ed, and the case is stunning. Congrats on seeing some finality(?) to this prop after owning the rifle for, I believe, many years now. The slide insert is the kind of 'extra mile' detail I love to see and attempt. You can't achieve that effect with ice skates.

Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • bondsan65bondsan65 Head of Station BPosts: 38MI6 Agent

Waouhhhh... once again, a splendid work Ed !

Refreshing to hear there's one subject you're not an expert on...