Mini GT 1:64 - James Bond 1/64 Model Car Collection

emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,705MI6 Agent

The model car manufacturer Mini GT 1:64 has announced a range of diecast Bond cars, complete with gadgets.

"Celebrating 60 Years of Goldfinger - 2024 marks the 60th anniversary of this iconic film which introduced James Bond’s Aston Martin DB5! MINI GT is super excited to announce our 007 James Bond 1/64 Model Car Collection. 

This exquisite collection will feature many well-known vehicles from the James Bond series, including the Aston Martin DB5, Lotus Esprit, BMW 750il, and many others. Realizing the long-held ambition of our director, Mr. Glen Chou, this collection promises high-quality 1/64 scale models of the James Bond movie series. Collectors can look forward to meticulously detailed models with unique designs, capturing the essence of the James Bond vehicular legacy.

Stay tuned for more information!"

Comments

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,705MI6 Agent

Gadgets on models this size seems pretty impressive, and maybe the first DB5 model I can think of to have the screen-accurate side repeaters?

• 00Stirl00Stirl Posts: 52MI6 Agent
    edited February 4

Oh dear, sadly the poster shows Z3 with wrong wheels etc!

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent

Some of those pics look to be just stock photos of cars, drawings or other models, so I wouldn't worry about that too much yet.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • B549WUUB549WUU Posts: 196MI6 Agent

Interesting choice of scale

Her Majesty’s loyal terrier, defender of the so called faith.

edited February 5

Yeah I think if those prototypes are at all representative, if these make it to production they look to be very faithful to the real cars.

The Daylights Aston would be the one I'd be excited for: we've never had an official model which looks much like the real car.

If the promo graphic is representative it's a pretty good spread of vehicles.

AMC Hornet

Aston DB5 (GF)

Aston DB5 (NTTD)

Aston DBS (OHMSS)

Aston V8

Aston Vanquish

Aston DBS (CR)

Aston DBS (QoS)

Aston DB10

Aston DBS Superleggera (NTTD)

BMW Z3

BMW 750i

BMW Z8

Citroen 2CV

Ford Mustang (GF)

Ford Mustang (DAF)

Jaguar XKR

Jaguar CX75

Land Rover Defender (SP)

Lotus Esprit S1

Lotus Esprit S1 submarine

Lotus Turbo Esprit (white)

Lotus Turbo Esprit (red)

Toyota 2000GT

Tuk tuk

25 models, maybe 8 or so with gadgets (?) that's a decent spread. Let's see if they all make it I guess.

edited April 2

I think they're looking good. I hope the V8 is a very early version as it's got the wrong front splitter and is missing some other elements like the sunroof; the shape looks great otherwise though.