Wrights coal tar soap - A View To A Kill watch offer

Hi, I’m not a Bond collector but like any sane person love the movies.

I like to look around antique and retro shops for interesting and funky stuff and came across these promotional Wrights soap 2 pack.

I can’t find anything on line except for a promotional poster and wondered what they would be worth or should I just try my luck on eBay?

they are from 1985 and in great condition, two variants: coal tar soap and what seems an even rarer spring fresh soap (can’t find any mention of this).

photos explain far better than I could.

any advice would be great.

thanks,Andy

Comments

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent

Hi and Welcome to the forum.

The old adage is something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it...

Whatever you paid for them is what they were worth when you did. I guess you're looking to sell on for a profit so I would just put them on ebay (with a reserve price to cover your cost) and see what they throw up.

🍷

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,705MI6 Agent

That's great, I can't imagine there's many of those left.

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent

That's a great find. I'd agree that putting them up for sale on eBay would be your best bet. You can set the price to whatever is the least you'd want for them and see how they do. I'd imagine they're quite a scarce item after nearly 40 years!

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • OohBananaOohBanana Posts: 4MI6 Agent

Thanks all, I’ll probably put them up on eBay and let you know how it goes.

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent

Sounds good. Hope they do well for you there.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

I think he might clean up..

(Sorry🤭)

I was going to post that joke earlier but I forgot! It's not like me to miss a trick!

It'll be a clean profit. I'll get my coat...

I wouldn't get yourself into a lather about it, old man.

I'm sure the seller will be coming to it with clean hands.

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,569Chief of Staff

Now both of you are silly suds 🫣🤗

YNWA 97
    edited February 9

I suppose it's better than being a "Sillyshet". 😉

Was that the brand of soap Bond used in the shower with Tanya in AVTAK? A clever marketing gimmick there!

Well I’ve put one on eBay and will let you know how it goes.

I hope it goes to a Bond collector or somebody who needs a good wash.

thanks again!

First pack sold for £110. Tar very much.

i kept the spring fresh pack for now.

Yes, I saw that on eBay. You did very well. You really cleaned up. 😉

• Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent

Please, someone, scrub this thread.

Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!