James Bond gave me a virus...

Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent

A couple of months ago I logged onto a site - I think it was MI6 Confidential, actually - and I did belatedly notice a warning that it was 'safe'. For once I ignored it - it looked okay and there were some nice photos of old TVTimes cuttings of Bond films that were nostalgic.... Anyway, since then I've had pop-ups on my screen such as 'Malicious Virus Detected' and 'Notifications' - turns out these are a scam, you click on it and they try to flog you anti-virus software, nick your bank details and so on....

The pop-ups did disappear for a week or so, so I thought they'd taken the hint, but now oddly they are back with a vengeance. I delete my history, changed my passwords and so on. Can anyone recommend some free anti-software downloads or advice?

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

Comments

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent

Disclaimer: The fact that I have an account named after a John Gardner Bond villain at MI6 Community, the forum part of MI6 Confidential, is purely coincidental.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).