Bond films' gross by Region?

Akbar SharAkbar Shar LondonPosts: 58MI6 Agent

I'm interested to know if there is any information on the box office performances of the films by territory, North America, Europe, Middle and Far East etc ? I'm curious to know the counties where Bond is most popular, apart from the UK, of course!

...one hundred caratsh rough!

Comments

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,276MI6 Agent

We don't seem to know! Maybe post this on the MI6-HQ website which is even more obsessive than we are. I think Connery's Bonds tended to do better in the US than Moore's because the actor was less English than Moore, though his last film was beaten by Moore's in every country except Italy. Grosses have been up and down over the decades, though Dalton's two fared poorly in the US. China is a new outlet, of course - to Craig's benefit.

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Akbar SharAkbar Shar LondonPosts: 58MI6 Agent

Thanks Napoleon ( a singularly good name),

Will check out MI6-HQ. Interesting about Connery and the US, I always assumed DAF was was set stateside because they were courting Burt Reynolds, but that puts a different slant on it.

...one hundred caratsh rough!
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,276MI6 Agent

They may have been, though of course Diamonds the Ian Fleming novel is set in Amsterdam and Vegas so they were always likely to go with those locations; I don't know if OHMSS had 'JB Will Return in DAF' at the end of it, I assume it did. Perhaps they chose the film in a bid to hark back to massive success of Goldfinger, which had a third reel based in the US.

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017