Bond's lighter from NTTD

redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent

Alright agents, excited to share my newest find. 

About 2.5 years ago I tried to track down the lighter that is BARELY seen when Bond burns the note in front of Vesper’s grave in NTTD. A lot of vintage lighters were close but nothing quite lined up perfectly, until I found an old product photo of an out of stock lighter from the company Germanus. I contacted the owner and after much back and forth he agreed to remake the original mold and produce a new run. Flash forward 2 years and it’s finally ready. From what he tells me, these are identical to the original run they made 15 years ago. 

Note: To my knowledge, there is no trackable info confirming this is the lighter in NTTD as none were produced or sold directly for production, but this model design is exclusive to Germanus and looks identical to Bond’s from what we can see on screen. They have listed a screenshot on their site, but that is not based on actual confirmation. If anyone has any more info I’d love to hear. 

Available to purchase here: https://www.german.us/en/cigar-lighters/1409-germanus-cigarette-lighter-fin-ii-4260348726918.html

Comments

• redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    edited February 22

P.S. I had to order 2 due to minimum order, I have an extra if anyone wants. $55USD shipped in USA.

SOLD

• thespyboys11thespyboys11 Lindenwold,NJPosts: 1,845MI6 Agent

Hi Charlie,

I'll take your spare lighter.

Send me an email at: thefudds@aol.com

Ed

• JellyfishJellyfish EnglandPosts: 465MI6 Agent

I love seeing things like this, where people identify an item that's seen on screen for about a second. Congratulations on your find!

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent

Nice work. Lovely piece.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent

Impressive work and thanks for making it happen for fans!

Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent

What a cool project. Congrats!

• B549WUUB549WUU Posts: 196MI6 Agent

Very similar in design to Severine’s Pierre Cardin lighter in Skyfall

Her Majesty’s loyal terrier, defender of the so called faith.

• Aston Martin DBSAston Martin DBS Derbyshire, EnglandPosts: 659MI6 Agent

I've ordered one of these for me and a friend. Thanks for sharing the info. It will look great on display with my Forgive Me note that I have in my collection.

"NEVER SAY NO TO ADVENTURES." Ian Fleming
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent

Glad to hear! Would love to see your note, is it on the same stationary?

• B549WUUB549WUU Posts: 196MI6 Agent

I have a couple on the way (so will have one spare - minimal order issue again). So if anyone interest in the spare one please PM me.

Thanks

Her Majesty’s loyal terrier, defender of the so called faith.

• Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,156MI6 Agent
    edited February 29

@redsleighdown Congrats on the find. When I saw the thread title I was struggling to think where he used a lighter in this film. I thought it might be an item found in Bond's desk drawer in Jamaica. Turns out I completely overlooked this one due to studying the note - in the same frame!

Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • Aston Martin DBSAston Martin DBS Derbyshire, EnglandPosts: 659MI6 Agent

Got mine yesterday - it would have been a day earlier but I was at work when the postman came!

"NEVER SAY NO TO ADVENTURES." Ian Fleming