What Victorinox (Swiss Army Knife) Product is in No Time To Die?

I watched one of David Zaritsky's Bond Experience videos, and saw that on his No Time To Die display table is what looks like a black Victorinox Swiss Army Knife folded up and sitting on its grey box. I have sent a couple of messages to David and not heard anything. I also emailed Victorinox directly and asked them if they could tell me if they supplied any products to the film or if they knew anything about one being used. I received this reply:

"Thank you for your inquiry. That sounds very interesting.
However, unfortunately I cannot provide you with any additional information on the subject right now. I hope that you can find out in another way. If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact us again."

This sounds a bit mysterious, as if there is something they know, rather than just saying sorry, no idea.

Does anyone have any clues? Thanks.

Comments

• CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    edited March 7

Interested in this as well. Hopefully you get a response.

My (oft repeated) experience is social media influencers aren't nearly as interactive as you might imagine. Unless you're another influencer who can boost their exposure of course. YMMV.

I edit, therefore I am.
  • k5211k5211 UKPosts: 164MI6 Agent

It might help if you screen cropped a still from the video to see what you mean ? I suspect that a Swiss Army knife might have been purchased to be used on screen and never ended up being used, maybe.

• Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,156MI6 Agent

I'm not aware of this item, maybe time for a rewatch. Are we sure it's a pocket knife and not a similar-shaped item? Other than the apple knife, in which scene could this appear?

Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • MrEddy21MrEddy21 LondonPosts: 416MI6 Agent
  • JellyfishJellyfish EnglandPosts: 465MI6 Agent
    edited March 14

I went looking through some Bond Experience videos to try and get a screenshot (I can't remember when I first spotted it) and got a good look in a video about watches that I'd not previously seen, so had never seen it in such detail. I'm convinced it's a Victorinox Classic SD, one of which I've had for a while myself:

Screenshot from The Bond Experience https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcOWsDclL2U.

Looking at the Victorinox website, the only two items with tweezers in the middle of the handle, not off to the side, are the Classic SD and Nail Clip 580.

I have another thread about the apple-cutting knife and I don't think it's the Victorinox one above. It looks too big and the end of the handle where the blade rotates looks a bit squared off, unlike the Victorinox's rounder end.

Some pictures I took of the Blu-Ray with a camera:

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent

It wasn’t in the film. It’s Craig’s personal carry knife he was using at the time. Black Spartan if I remember.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,156MI6 Agent

Thanks Asp. As suspected, just filler. Now that's sorted, anyone know which butter knife Dan uses at home?

Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 16

Thank you! That's very interesting. If Daniel Craig uses the Spartan then the one in the Bond Experience video is different. The Spartan has the tweezers (the little grey bit at the bottom) off to the side of the curve and the key ring attachment at the same end, whereas the Classic SD has them right in the middle and the key ring attachment at the other end. I understand if you don't want to say but I am curious how you know what knife Daniel Craig personally carries?

Like I said, I could be wrong on the model as DCs personal stuff is of no interest to me. There was plenty of chat at the time possibly What’s Daniel Wearing. I know someone contacted me at the time with a photo and asked my opinion. May have been Si. But I’ve forgotten what the details were as it’s not of specific Bond interest.

By the way. The one in DZ’s collection might not be the correct model, so don’t go specifically on that

edited March 16

OK. So my brain was completely off. So ignore most of the previous posts I did. . It’s a Watchmakers Vic knife. It was featured somewhere with the Omega NTTD promo or something like that. Like a shot of Qs desk. It’s slowly coming back to me. My memory is awful

Thank you Asp9mm.

• 00730073 COPPosts: 1,024MI6 Agent

Not to sidetrack from Asp9mm yet once again well informed post: there are other Vic knives with central tweezer/toothpick position. One of these would be the Executive line of 74mm knives.

"I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech

Good point. I initially looked at the Victorinox website and filtered for ones with tweezers and toothpick, and I don't know if it was me or the website but I thought only the Classic SD and Nail Clip 580 came up. I've just had another look now with the same filters and there are a few that fit the tweezers-in-the-middle criteria, e.g. Executive as you said, Rally, Rambler, Mini Champ. I don't know what I got wrong the first time. I do know that I want to treat myself to a new one...

I appreciate the validation. It's laughable considering their followings are directly responsible for their success.

I edit, therefore I am.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent

David used to be very active here. Considering this site is an epicenter of the Bond community, I hope he still looks in from time to time.

edited March 25

Agreed. My insinuations go beyond DZ and the forum unfortunately.

I edit, therefore I am.
    edited March 25

I have a dozen or so Vics in my collection of knives, and the 74mm knives are my absolute favourites. Either the classical red executive (you know, the one that can be seen in the opening credits of MacGyver) or the long ago discontinued model of the same with machine turned stainless scales (edit: this model was named "The Director" according to smartknives.com https://www.smartknives.com/Victorinox-Executive-Knives.html). No matter what other folder I'm carrying, I'll truly EDC one or the other.

-Mr Arlington Beech
  • thomas004thomas004 Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    edited March 27

Maybe this will help: The black Victorinox watch opener is part of the NTTD watch tool set, which is visible in the Omega Museum in Biel. I took some pictures:

Kind regards, Thomas

👍️

-Mr Arlington Beech