Aaron Taylor-Johnson 'has been formally offered the opportunity to play James Bond',

1234568»

Comments

• SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,548MI6 Agent

Ten years after... And Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron are not in this new film.

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,750MI6 Agent

Which is proof the first one was bad? You don't change, Someone 😂

• HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,746MI6 Agent

As per an interview with director George Miller, Charlize Theron was quite disappointed that she wasn't brought back for Furiosa. According to Miller, the original intent was to bring Theron back however Miller is not a fan of the look of the digital de-aging process and it also would have added weeks to the post production of the film so a younger actor was cast. Hardy was not back as the Mad Max character barely makes an appearance in Furiosa. However, reportedly Hardy will be back as Max in Mad Max: The Waste Land which has a completed script and is just awaiting being greenlighted by Warner Bros. Fury Road by the way, was both a critical success and did very well at the box office.

With regard to the Spiderman films with Tom Holland, they have done well at the box office; the spinoffs, in particular Mobius and Madame Webb have not. The first Venom film with Tom Hardy was a critical and box office success, the 2nd did not fare as well but well enough that a third Venom film with Hardy is still in the works.

How this all relates to Bond casting? Hardy would be too old and is still involved with two other film franchises. On the other hand, the only film that ATJ is in that could lead to star power for him would be the oft delayed Kraven, which has not been released yet so the jury is still out on that one while the Nosferatu remake is still more of an arthouse type film. If Kraven is a not a hit, ATJ will continue just be an excellent in demand working actor who straddles between being a character actor and sometime leading man but not a huge star unless the Bond rumors become a reality.

• LuciusNightmareLuciusNightmare Posts: 253MI6 Agent

I just watched HE WENT THAT WAY, terrific performance from Jacob Elordi. Not only doe she look like a movie star, but he was seriously great. Highly recommend and it's only 90 minutes.

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,340MI6 Agent

Wait'll you hear about the previous gap and recast in that franchise...

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,340MI6 Agent

Elordi needs to incubate for about ten more years before I can seriously consider him for Bond.

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,750MI6 Agent

We gave Fury Road a go last night; I haven't seen it since the cinema. It remains absolutely superb, enjoyed it immensely.

• HarryCanyonHarryCanyon Posts: 234MI6 Agent

It's really a tossup between MAD MAX2/THE ROAD WARRIOR and MAD MAX: FURY ROAD as to which one is 'the best' in my opinion. FURY ROAD is an overall a better film when you factor in direction, acting, narrative, and overall polish, but the real metal crunchiness of THE ROAD WARRIOR (no CGI, just real Aussies doing insane stunts) is just awe inspiring.

• chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,062MI6 Agent

RE: Miller's movies- The original trilogy is the best. But Furiosa looks to be amazing.

RE: Aaron's casting. I wanted Henry, but Aaron will be great IMO.

Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • HarryCanyonHarryCanyon Posts: 234MI6 Agent

That picture you embedded above is very Bondian.