ID'ing Pussy Galore's Flying Circus

I've got another obscure actors-from-the-'60s question for you. If you want to skip the long-winded explanation, here's what I'm looking for:

Who is this Goldfinger actress?

Pussy Galore has five planes and five pilots in her Flying Circus. The first three are easy:

#1 - Aleta Morrison

She plays the same role in both the airfield scene and the flight scene.

#2 - Maggie Wright

#3 - Lesley Langley

#4 is a little complicated, but still pretty clear.

#4 - Sharon Higdon & Caron Gardner

Sharon steps out of the plane right after it lands (in Kentucky footage), but by the time she runs up to Pussy Galore, she has morphed into Caron Gardner (in England footage). Her plane is in the air for the flight scene, but we never get a shot inside the cockpit.

It's pilot #5 that is stumping me.

#5 - ??? & ???

I think these are two different actresses portraying the fifth pilot, but I'm not 100% sure.

For the airfield scene, her face resembles Jane Holland, who was part of much of the film's pre-production publicity. Maybe they dyed her hair blonde for these scenes? I'm maybe 75/25 convinced it's her.

But I'm not sure it's the same actress in the flight scene. Could it be Jane Murdoch, who was also part of the pre-production publicity?

I'm much less convinced on this one. I'd say 40% shot it's Murdoch, 25% shot it's Holland. Could be someone else entirely.

One last clue. The production's release script frequently uses actor names as references, if the character's aren't named in the film. And it does include a 'Jane' in the flight shots, which would lend credence to it being Holland or Murdoch.

If anyone can help me solve this mystery, I really appreciate it!!

Comments