Repair question about: Barbour X To Ki To Beacon Heritage Sports Jacket

I have just had my SKYFALL jacket serviced by Barbour. Two buttons were torn out and it was recommended to apply a long patch, as shown in the enclosed photo.

Barbour does not recommend replacing the entire right-hand side of the jacket, as the new part is a different colour to the 12-year-old jacket.

What would you do to preserve the value of the Barbour jacket?

Thank you very much for your help.

Joerg

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,590Chief of Staff

Do you want to wear the jacket or are you only interested in its value? 🤔

YNWA 97
  • SchnoeppSchnoepp Posts: 186MI6 Agent

I want to wear the jacket and keep the value?

• 00730073 COPPosts: 1,024MI6 Agent

It´s the normal wear and tear including the signs of refurbishment of the Barbour jacket that gives them the timeless air Barbour is appreciated for. New and spotless Barbour jackets give you the look of a "noob". My Beaufort is at least 30yo. and has been to AD for refurbishment 2 times. Granted it smells like King Kong's armpits and I wouldn't wear it with a white shirt under, but it's like the old and valued hunting dog: he maybe smelly and grouchy, have knots in his fur and tire easily, but god damn it! He's a member of the family!

"I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
  • SchnoeppSchnoepp Posts: 186MI6 Agent

Yes, I think so too, and that also applies to most Barbour jackets.

But I can't imagine that applying to the SKYFALL jacket. It's more like a classic car. I can replace a complete part professionally, but I can't just weld a sheet of metal onto it.