Little question about a line from Nomi

sinlumsinlum Posts: 134MI6 Agent

Hi all,

So I watched NTTD again for the first time in a few months and there is a line from Nomi which was even featured in the trailer and I never picked up on it. When Nomi goes to Bond's house in Jamaica she says:

"Get in my way and I will put a bullet in your knee. The one that works".

What does she mean by this? Is it some kind of idiom I am not familiar with?๐Ÿ˜…

Comments

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,742MI6 Agent

I think it's just a bit of a dig about his age; meaning he's so old that only one knee works ๐Ÿ˜„

• sinlumsinlum Posts: 134MI6 Agent

I did wonder myself if she meant the knee Bond needs to get down on to propose. But it doesn't really make sense in the context of the scene or the film ๐Ÿคจ

• Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,169MI6 Agent

A theory going around at the time was that the line of dialogue was a nod to Dave Bautista having injured Craig's leg during filming of the train fight in Spectre. From memory, there is a moment during that fight when Hinx grabs Bond's leg and throws him, or similar. It's not my theory but it sounds as good as any.

Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent

It’s just meant as a dig at Bond’s age IMO. Knee problems are almost a shorthand for getting old. Spend time with enough people over 50 and you’ll hear it.

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,742MI6 Agent

Literally! ๐Ÿ˜„

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,308MI6 Agent

Assumed it was to show inside knowledge of him, that she'd read his file and found out that one knee was dodgy. So was using it to show him up.

But it doesn't work for me anyway, never makes sense in the context of the film, no reference to a problem knee.

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,334MI6 Agent

Or she clocked it, in a variation of Vesper reading him like a book on the train.