Who will sing the title song in Bond #26

GiveMeMooreBondGiveMeMooreBond Posts: 11MI6 Agent
edited May 13 in Bond 26

Who will sing the Title song in Bond #26? Producers could go back to Adele again, thought there for a while Ellie Goulding was singing the title track for No Time To Die, so she could be an option. Dua Lipa is everywhere right now and would be my pick.

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,614Chief of Staff

I hope Adele, but you're probably right with Dua Lipa- providing, of course, that she's still popular at the time the film gets made.

• HarryCanyonHarryCanyon Posts: 234MI6 Agent

I still hold out hope for a Tom Jones/Shirley Bassey duet.

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,873MI6 Agent
    edited May 13

I hope for a energetic and upbeat song featuring Beyonce or Taylor Swift. (Like HarryCanyon I'm an optimist)

Just not another dirge, please. Give me something that rocks.

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,750MI6 Agent
    edited May 13

I would imagine Raye would be the natural choice. She's kind of got Bond written all over her.

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,994Quartermasters

I'm quite sure it will be someone I've never heard of.

Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

They're gonna want to make a big statement and a big splash with Bond26. They'll spend money to get someone big for the title song, so I'm guessing Lady Gaga.

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,763Chief of Staff

I thought she’d given up on the singing and was leaning more into acting…I’ve no idea what you kids listen to nowadays 🤷🏻‍♂️😉🤣

I’d prefer someone more ‘edgy’’….if Bond26 was out within 12 months (which it clearly isn’t) I’d be looking at St. Vincent or The Last Dinner Party…but then I like Another Way to Die as a theme song….so 🤭

YNWA 97
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,195MI6 Agent

I think they'll go where the money is, so as suggested above;

Raye

Dua Lipa

Beyonce

Taylor Swift

Lada Gaga doing a big Bond like ballad would be cool. I don't want another Billie Eilish whispery whiny downcast number. But that seems to be popular among many female vocalists currently.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
    edited May 14

I feel like Raye would be the natural fit, but it does depend on her taking off in the US which I'm not sure she has done yet.

Dua Lipa has though I believe..? So she makes a lot of sense. Taylor Swift would obviously be a boon but I'm not sure she does anything like that anymore; she's big enough on her own. I'm not sure they'll go for legacy artists like Gaga or Beyonce - with cinema struggling slightly I can believe they'll want to get the kids in as much as they can. Tom Jones had had his first hit only a few months before they picked him.

• GiveMeMooreBondGiveMeMooreBond Posts: 11MI6 Agent

Throughout the history of Bond films, the producers will pick an artist who is popular at that point in time. Maybe there have only been a couple times where I have been like, who is that? That being said I don't think it will be someone as big as Gaga, Beyonce, or T-Swift. Or I hope not at least. I actually would like Lady Gaga, but doubt it would happen. I went with Dua Lipa because she will still be popular in a few years when Bond 26 releases and she's English

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,886Chief of Staff

At the speed EON is going, it will be someone who's now in grade school.

Vox clamantis in deserto
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,985MI6 Agent
    edited May 14

The Red Kind said:

Raye

Dua Lipa

Beyonce

Taylor Swift

_____________________________________________________________________________

Beyonce's already proven she can do a classic Bond-type themesong "he's got a Midas touch, but he touched it too much, now he's Goldmember". I like this better than the actual Bond themesong that came out the same year