Garbage on tour

Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,982MI6 Agent

Garbage are on tour this summer. I'm going to be in Edinburgh during their concert there on 14th July. Sadly, it seemed, that night was sold out when I checked yesterday - but when I just checked again a number of circle tickets were suddenly available on retail at standard price directly from the venue, Usher Hall. Delighted to have bagged one!

I expect/ hope 'The World Is Not Enough' will be part of the set...

Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 53 years.

Comments

• HarryCanyonHarryCanyon Posts: 278MI6 Agent

TWINE was not present in their last tour setlist so who knows.

• Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,982MI6 Agent

Ah, ok. I look forward to seeing them live anyway but of course TWINE would help make the evening.

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,374MI6 Agent

Needs an orchestra to really do it, or can they rig that up with backing tapes?

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,982MI6 Agent

Awesome gig tonight in Edinburgh. No TWINE, but plenty else to enjoy in the set list. Shirley Manson had a sort of 'indie/ punk/ alternative' line of banter going on with the audience, so I don't think a Bond number would have fitted that ethos somehow. (Not that some of the band's other music doesn't sound Bond friendly. A highlight of the evening for me was, however, their tribute to Siousxie and the Banshees with a cover of 'Cities In Dust'.)

There was an element of national pride in Manson's banter too. She's from Edinburgh herself and took great pleasure in announcing on stage the result of the Euros football Final, England's defeat to Spain, provoking rapturous applause and cheering by the Scottish audience!

• Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,189MI6 Agent

@Shady Tree That would've been awesome to experience - Cities in Dust is one of my favourite/most played Siouxsie songs and film clips. Was it pretty faithful or did they change it a bit?

Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,189MI6 Agent

Thanks for posting, @HarryCanyon, that was great. Sounded darker and perhaps slightly German (that was before I realized it was filmed in Germany), or even late 80's Depeche. Need to listen to more of Garbage's newer stuff - I did enjoy 'No Gods No Masters' from a year or two ago.

Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.