Bond ties

rcandvrcandv Posts: 5MI6 Agent
I am looking for any bond ties. Especially one that has the opening seen where bond is in the middle and blood comes down. I have seen it, but don't know where I can get it.

Comments

• jetsetwillyjetsetwilly Liverpool, UKPosts: 1,048MI6 Agent
    I have one which was a gift. It's pretty hideous actually, but it does feature the gunbarrel logo. It was bought from Forbidden Planet in Liverpool about four years ago, so I don't know if it's still available, but try their website

http://www.scifiwarehouse.com/
    Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    I have one but it is nothing like that it was also given as a gift and is a little hideous! It is yellow and red with a repeating pattern of the Bond silhouette.
    Simon
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,605Chief of Staff
    I have the tie that features Dalton as Bond from TLD. I think I got it from the tie-rack chain of stores as they have definately sold Bond ties in the past. Failing that try The James Bond Fan Club as they have sold plenty ties in the past.
    Where does everybody find all these great toyshop websites ?
    Has anybody got any more ?
    YNWA 97
  • scaramanga1scaramanga1 The English RivieraPosts: 845Chief of Staff
    Quoting Sir Miles:I have the tie that features Dalton as Bond from TLD. I think I got it from the tie-rack chain of stores as they have definately sold Bond ties in the past. Failing that try The James Bond Fan Club as they have sold plenty ties in the past.
    Where does everybody find all these great toyshop websites ?
    Has anybody got any more ?

I'm surprised that You didn't know about Forbidden planets website! :))
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,605Chief of Staff
    Alas scaramanga1, I'm a complete novice when it comes to the internet but I'm learning fast.
    YNWA 97
  • rcandvrcandv Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    Is anyone willing to give up their neckties?
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    I am looking for the tie Pierce Brosnan wore in the pre-credits boat chase on the Thames in The World is Not Enough. I have loved it ever since 1999. Anyone got any ideas? Cheers!
  • urhashurhash USPosts: 984MI6 Agent
    T&A ties are usually limited in # so I think the one Pierce wore in the Thames sequence is long gone. I do agree it was a fantastic tie, as were most of the other ties in that movie. I wasn't fond of some of the designs in Goldeneye or TND.

I also am highly positive that the tie Bond wears in the opening Bilbao sequence is the exact same tie he wears in the Baku scenes.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Turnbull and Asser did a re-run of these just before Christmas last year, give them a ring as they may still have some. The pattern is exactly the same but the lining is a different colour, but as that is on the inside, no one will see it.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Turnbull and Asser did a re-run of these just before Christmas last year, give them a ring as they may still have some. The pattern is exactly the same but the lining is a different colour, but as that is on the inside, no one will see it.

Specific tie(s), or the full TND - DAD range?
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Just the PTS boat chase tie from TWINE.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    I have the following ties of the Brosnan era:

Sulka tie from GE (confrontation with Trevelyan in Moscow scenes, etc)
    T & A tie from TND (meeting with M at MOD, etc)
    T & A tie from TND (break in to Carver factory, etc)
    T & A tie from TWINE pts
    T & A tie from DAD (meeting with Chang at hotel reception)
    T & A tie from DAD (Blades scene, meeting with M, etc)
    CR T & A eveing shirt and tie set.

Oh, and the blue Ted Baker Orshac (or is it Sabal?) tie worn by DC in CR.;)
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    Wow, David! You are the man! I thought I was the only one obsessed with getting that Bond look. Let's face it, a dark suit is a dark suit, a white shirt is a white shirt, but I do look high and low for the ties to be as similar as I posibly can. I will run to T&A after watching the next movie, and only wish I had done that in 1999 - the year I moved to London.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,722MI6 Agent
    About time that Bond in the movies wore his literary version's favourite knitted black silk one, isn't it? :)
  • ufboy73ufboy73 usaPosts: 103MI6 Agent
    i really wish i could source the ties from CR (only 2 if i remember correctly). in my opinion, those were the best - perfect combination of conservative enough to wear to my workplace as well as interesting enough not to be boring.
  • Bill TannerBill Tanner "Spending the money quickly" iPosts: 261MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    About time that Bond in the movies wore his literary version's favourite knitted black silk one, isn't it? :)

Oh, they've cropped up from time to time. Connery wore a few, I think Moore wore at least one (Lazenby as well? Can't remember off-hand). The last one I saw was on Dalton in the safe house where he took Koskov... when he delivered the hamper.