Bond inspired name for mountain house

Our family just bought a home on the mountains. We’re trying to come up with a name for the home that is somehow Bond related, though not too obvious. Something with a little wrinkle to it. Please share any recommendations!! Generally looking for something simple. To give you an idea of where our heads are at, below are some that have been bandied about:

- Solitaire (reference to Jane Seymour and also evokes a feeling of solitude, which matches mountains as an escape from city life)
-Skyfall (too obvious to anyone that is a Bond fan, of course...perhaps adding something after it (cabin?) would make it more ours)
- Goldeneye Estate (reference to movie is obvious, but it was also the name of Ian Fleming’s home in Jamaica...most would not get the subtlety there)

Comments

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Welcome! Since it’s on the mountains I would name it Piz Gloria. Or maybe name it Terence, after actor Terence Mountain, who played thugs in a few Bond films.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Bond's favourite coffee was Jamaican Blue Mountain, so maybe somthing there?

Or Quarterdeck, the name of M's estate?

On the whole though, I'd go with Matt's suggestion of Piz Gloria, and John Barry's beautiful Mountains and Sunsets from YOLT should be your theme!
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Why not Skyfall Lodge?
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    I reckon first thought best thought—I think Solitaire is a great name for it! Like you said, it has that Bond connection, but also captures the solitude of the mountain house.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,698MI6 Agent
    I'll throw out a name........Pinewood.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,699MI6 Agent
    I too prefer Solitaire. It's classy and works fine for people who aren't into Bond, but Bond fans will apriciate even more.
  • chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,172MI6 Agent
    Solitaire sounds quite classy - just hope no one thinks your obsessed with board games.
  • tsholdtshold TorontoPosts: 212MI6 Agent
    Mr Martini wrote:
    I'll throw out a name........Pinewood.

I really like Pinewood!
    Shop the latest thing from the SIS Training Collection!
    https://sistraininggear.com
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,651MI6 Agent
    Though it was a setting for lurid events, what about Dreamy Pines from the novel, TSWLM? Then there’s St. Cyrill, the monestary on top of the Meteora rock escarpment in FYEO. Hoffler Clinic from SP would sound cool, but Google Maps might direct a lot of unsuspecting sick people to your house.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • BondBondBondBondBondBond Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    First of all, thanks everyone for the excellent recommendations. I think the leader is currently Solitaire for the reasons stated above, but no final decision yet.