The lucky find of the da... wee... YEAR.

So I was doing a random search on Wallapop (Spanish equivalent to Craigslist or Letgo), trying to see whether I could find a bargain from a non-Bondian seller when Lady Luck decided to smile upon me... these just arrived a few minutes ago.

They are reasonably well kept (being 20+ years old), might need some lens or pad replacement, but you won't hear me complain given what I paid for them... just 20 EUR.

Guess I've used up my luck for the year, might as well not buy any lottery tickets.

"Enjoy it while it lasts."
"The very words I live by."
Tagged:

Comments

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent

TWINE?

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent

Yes - nice find! CK007 if I recall.

Bizarrely, I had a pair many years ago and lost them on holiday in, of all places, Spain - in a car rental at Malaga airport. It would be too much of a coincidence to believe these are the same pair, but still! Lovely sunglasses - enjoy.

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent

Indeed. This is a pair of Calvin Klein CK2007 sunglasses, as worn by Brosnan in the ski chase in TWINE. @Charmed & Dangerous , wouldn’t know about their particular origins as the seller lives in Elda (eastern coast) and I’m 120+ miles from Malaga. Still, stranger things have happened.

Incidentally, Bond sunglasses do have a tendency to get lost at the worst moments (not that there’s a good moment to lose a Bond item)... I lost my beautiful Persol 2244s a few years ago at a department store and, despite realising mere minutes after the fact, never got them back. A smoking hole in my collection (and in my heart) somewhat vindicated with this find.

...but should any member wish to part with theirs at a reasonable price, consider me interested. 😉

• urhashurhash USPosts: 983MI6 Agent

That is indeed an amazing find, congrats!

How would you describe the lens? Is there a greenish hue to them?

Thanks, @urhash! (sorry, didn't see your comment 'til today).

Yes, the lenses do have a dark green hue, despite it not showing when worn. The feeling is one of just darkening, akin to wearing dark grey lenses. It's a somewhat small frame (smaller than current trending sunglasses, and more rounded), and I have yet to try them in snow, but they do work well in sunny areas (southern coast of Spain, springtime).

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent

I remember buying mine from a House of Fraser at the time of the movie’s release. Unfortunately I didn’t get the correct case with them as they’d given that away with another pair of CK sunglasses.

Needless to say, they looked better when Brosnan wore them, never suited my face unfortunately.

I was also on the lookout for the specs he wore in Bilbao, also CK as I recall, but never found them...

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".

According to bondsuits.com, the Bilbao glasses were the CK model 718F. Who knows, you might find a pair in the most unsuspecting place...

And yes, some times you find that certain items are not for you as they're normally suited (heh) to the actor. I myself are generally more "compatible" with Craig accessories that Brosnan's. Well, apart from ties, which are pretty much interchangeable.

• urhashurhash USPosts: 983MI6 Agent

Does anyone know the specific code # for the lens color? I just got a pair off ebay for a pretty good price and it was NOS (minus the box)- the tag says CK2007-044. The frame is definitely correct.