WHERE EAGLES DARE watchalong Friday 9. July at 8 PM GMT.

Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,701MI6 Agent
edited June 2021 in Off Topic Chat

I think the Navarone watchalong went really well, and now I'm planning the next watchalong. Everyone is invited! Please post in this thread if you want to participate, I want to have a fair idea how many will join in by the time I set the date. If you have opinions on the weekday and time of day you'll be able to participate. ๐Ÿšกโ›ฐ๏ธ๐ŸŽฅ

ยซ1345678

Comments

• Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters

I'm definitely keen for a Where Eagles Dare watchalong. Any day of the week works for me generally, although ideally I'd ask if we could start the film earlier than we did with Navarone.

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,701MI6 Agent

Yes, I'm definitivly considering moving the start time back from 9 to 8 GMT. I ask more people to post their opinion on this.

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

๐Ÿ˜€ I'm in!

For this watchalong to happen we need more than three possible participators. Feel free to post if you're interested ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent

Despite only watching it again a couple of months ago, I'm in ๐Ÿ˜Ž

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

Great!

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,030MI6 Agent

As much as I would love to join in the WED watchalong the timing is going to be wrong, but have fun with one of my very favourite movies.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

Given where you are in the world I completely understand. Nice of you to post, though.

Once again I urge members to show their interest in a WED watchalong. We are months away from the next Bond film and many of us are also months away from the corona restrictions are lifted. We need fun, we need social interaction and "a sweet distraction for an hour or two", and a watchalong is a safe way to do this. But I won't set a date and time before I know there is a handful of members who want to take part. Please post below if you're interested ๐Ÿ˜Š

We're still just four people. Even though it can work, I'd like at least a couple more members to join.

• Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,965MI6 Agent

I could join in but only if it was one evening during the coming week, as after that I'm busy for the rest of the month.

Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 53 years.
    edited April 2021

That could prove difficult because I need the DVD from a particular library (I live in the late 1990s). That particular small town has an outbreak of Covid-19 right now and I just did my weekly shopping trip. I'll see if I can find a solution.

No worries, N24. Please don't go, on my account, to any inconvenient lengths to bring this forward sooner than would really suit you.

I've asked my nearest library to get the DVD from the other library next week. It's no hazzle. Someone drives between the libraries every week with books etc., so it's purely routine for them. Of course the DVD may be on loan or there may be other problems. If it works we can have the watchalong on Saturday or Sunday next week. Does that sound all right for the rest of you?

No problem for me. Currently I could do the watchalong on any day in the next while

Fine by me.

Golrush007, the chats were set up by Higgins. I have no idea how to do this.

edited April 2021

I'll know by Friday evening if there will be a WED watchalong soon. If it happens I plan on starting the watchalong on Sunday 18th of April (next Sunday) at 8.00 GMT. If this is a problem the day and time can be changed.

I now have a copy of WED!

This means there will be a watchalong on Sunday if the members who's already shown interest (and hopefully more) are able to participate then.

Please give feedback ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

edited April 2021

Excellent! Looking forward to it!

I'm in.

PS Happy Birthday, Golrush007.

Yes, happy birthday ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

One more confirmation and it's official.

Thanks Barbel and Number24. ๐Ÿป

edited April 2021

I'm sorry not to be able to make it as I'll be back to work by tomorrow evening. Have fun, though!

I hope you enjoyed your birthday Golrush007!

I'm sorry, but since only three members have comitted to the watchalong I have decided to call it off for now. Mind you, the plan is still to have a watchalong. This thread stays open and we'll try to find a new date. Please post and let us know when a watchalong works for you. Is it on Thursdays, is after nine GMT, is it the last week of April etc.? Let's make this work! ๐Ÿ‘

Let me know, and I'm almost certain to be there.

We blame you and only you. The bomb is in the mail ๐Ÿคช

No, the forum is full of people who for some reason weren't up for a watchalong. No reason to feel any guilt and your reason not to join us sounds very acceptable. There will be WED watchalong and we very much want you there when it happens.

Are you interested in participateing in a Where Eagles Dare watchalong at some point? Please post or send a PM. We only need a couple more members who want to spend a couple of hours on a classic movie and friendly banter with other members. ๐Ÿ˜€โ›ฐ๏ธ๐Ÿšก๐ŸŽฅ๐Ÿ”ซ

• writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent

Would love to, but would need to track a copy, as I don't own one and the film isn't available at the moment on the streaming platforms I use. Will keep around just in case.

"Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."