WHERE EAGLES DARE watchalong Friday 9. July at 8 PM GMT.

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,701MI6 Agent
    edited April 2021

Good luck in your search for a copy. Does your library have DVDs for loaning or can they get you WED on DVD from other libraries?

I have an idea: This Saturday is the final of the European Song Contest. Many enjoy this, but ESC isn't for everyone. Is there an interest out there for a WED watchalong that night as an alternative?

If you are interested, please let me know. The watchalong won't happen without some support. Everyone is invited 😀

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

I'm in.

• Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters

I'd have to put myself down as a 'maybe'. I have to be up and running very early on Sunday morning so a late night watching Where Eagles Dare might be a bit much for me. But I'd like to try and join if the watchalong goes ahead.

Sadly we need at least a couple more participate to go forward, and by this time we can't make that work. Sorry.

We'll try again later! 😃

edited June 2021

If we're having a WED watchalong this summer it has to be the weekend from the 25. - 27. this June or 2. - 4. of July. At least if we do it on a weekend and it's arranged by me. The reason is visit from me and to me.

New members joining in on the watchalong are very much welcome, but I urge you to let us know so it won't be just Barbel and me participateing. 😄

Watchalongs are very friendly and fun, not to mention 100% corona safe. I'm sure it's a good way for new members/lurkers to get to know a few of the forum regulars. You don't even have to like Where Eagles Dare as long as you have opinions about it and you' re ready for some friendly fun. 😀

Whoever you are, let us know if you're interested and available and what dates are best for you. I'm open to having the watchalong on a weekend if that's what people want.

I'm keen and I don't have a preference for any particular date. As far as I know at this point, I'd be available for any of the dates suggested.

Obviously I'm in, and timing isn't critical.

edited June 2021

Friday are fine by me. How about you, Barbel and Goldrush007?

If we are going for arranging the watchalong in June or July it's the 25. of June or July the 2. that works for me. Possibly the 9. too, but I doubt it.

Please post your opinions, but obviously we are hoping for more people to join and it's too early to lock it down to Fridays.

Fridays are fine, but so are most days and times.

Good. And it turns out July 9th will most likely also work for me.

I think we should wait a few days before we settle on a date. It's great that we have enough people to do it, but ideally we get even more. Agreed?

9 July sounds fine to me too.

edited June 2021

This is how I see it:

There will definitely be a watchalong in a few weeks. We already have enough people onboard to have one. But I hesitate to decide on Friday the 9th this early because there are potential watchalongers (did I just invent that word?) who may be able to take part in the following weeks, but not on the 9th.

On the other hand I don't think I can promote the watchalong more agressively (promitional threads in other sub-forums and targeted E-mails) until we have a time and a date. I need to do that at least a week before the watchalong, ideally two. I suggest we decide the date in the Sunday. My guess is that it there's well more than 50% chance that it will happen on the 9th, so we can still talk about time of day and other details. Do you agree?

But of course.

I've been away from the forum for days now. That's because I helped my sister's family chop an oak tree into smaller bits and I forgot to bring my phone. Somehow I survived being offline for this long. 😁

I think we should officially make the 9th the watchalong date. What do you think about the time of day? 9 GMT?

Fine by me.

I find 9pm GMT (11pm my time) very late to start, particularly for a film as long as Where Eagles Dare, so if we could go slightly earlier I'd appreciate that.

How is 8 PM or even 8.30 to everyone else? I'm fine with it.

Fine by me

edited June 2021

Then Friday the 9th at 8 GMT is official. I'll change the thread title and post promo threads later. 👍

The watchalong is on tomorrow!

I've got my DVD copy earlier and hope everyone else is ready too. 😀

I’ve been reading the book and listening to the soundtrack, so I am well prepared and ready.

By the way, I’ve enjoyed revisiting the vinyl soundtrack for the film, but I must say the cover does it a bit of a disservice. It certainly doesn’t convey much of the excitement contained within. It is crying out for the wonderful Frank McCarthy poster artwork.

Please join this thread at 8 PM GMT everyone to check in and to make sure any manues such as subtitles are done and over with by 8.10.

Then we start the movie simultaniusly just after the MGM lion.

Fingers crossed for a good turn out and and a great time 😃

• Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,965MI6 Agent

Ready here.

Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 53 years.

Broadsword calling Danny Boy...

Number24, are you there?

• Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,965MI6 Agent

:-) An hour from now, right? BST is an hour ahead of GMT. Over.

Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 53 years.

And I'm all ready to go!