Welcome & Comings & Goings

Comments

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    edited August 2021

Welcome back @fire and ice. Good to see you've returned. πŸ˜‰

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,699MI6 Agent

I'm glad you're back, Fire and Ice. The next months Will be interesting and exciting.

• fire and icefire and ice EarthPosts: 149MI6 Agent

Thanks everyone 🍻 hoping NTTD sticks its release date ready for the build up, It should keep its date at this point. πŸ™

Ha ha good one @Silhouette Man

'...exceptionally fine shot...'
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent

Glad you liked it. Good to see you back with us, @fire and ice! 😊

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

Welcome home @fire and ice πŸ‘οΈ

"Any of the opposition around..?"

Good to be back ☺️ though I noticed many of my posts have vanished, I guess that's happened due to update to site.

Thank you... I was going to say 'I never left' though that's not true πŸ˜‚

edited August 2021

Yes, all of my posts from 2003 and 2004 are gone as well as most from 2005. I think they must've been lost in the various forum upgrades over the years. I was away from AJB between 2005 and 2010 and only really returned to posting more regularly in 2012. I've pretty much stuck around here ever since. Proof that nobody ever leaves the AJB. πŸ˜‰

I had a similar hiatus around the mid 2000's, makes sense I recall another major upgrade around ten years ago I lost some posts etc back then.

The recent upgrade is good its certainly modernised the site. I joined here in the earlier days of the internet, it was a good distraction when at University if i needed a break from writing essays πŸ˜„

edited September 2021

I did still post on CBn back then which I had joined in May 2002 but for some reason I stopped visiting AJB as much. Maybe I found that one Bond forum took up enough of my time. I had so many more commitments back then and my time was probably less. I regret that but at least I returned again. I joined AJB in January 2003 when I was in my final year of 'A' Levels. I was also here for most of my first university degree too. As you say, AJB provided a most welcome break or escape for a part of the day from university lectures, seminars, essays and exam pressures!

To quote Arnie, I hope you stick around, @fire and ice. We're trying to get the numbers actively posting up here again and any assistance in that regard is graciously appreciated. 😊

One of my English Lit modules was Science Fiction films, I recall managing to squeeze in some MR and YOLT references into one Essay, so technically me being on AJB when at Uni was research πŸ˜‚

I will visit the site more often, I don't really go online much I don't have social media accounts etc, the only other site I go on is the site I know you from. I have added this site link to my Windows home page so will click on it more regularly.

Yes, I managed to write a whole essay on the literary James Bond as part of a Cultural Theory module for the English Literature part of my degree.

That's good to hear you're going to stick around. Here and the other place are in my experience the best Bond forums on the Internet. So many good discussions and of course the members make them what they are.

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,176MI6 Agent

@Silhouette Man and @fire and ice amazing to see degree courses expanding beyond their traditional frontiers. Bodes well for my arts and humanities course starting October. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

One of my essay's I predominantly wrote about one of my favourite films The Matrix, that was one of the more enjoyable assignments, the worst was Women's Writing I struggled with that module.

Yes, it was one of those rare modules where you could pretty much write about anything you liked (within reason of course!) so I took advantage of that and wrote about one of my favourite things - the literary James Bond. This was back in 2005 but I think it signals that universities are more open to popular culture at least within the Humanities. I recall someone telling me they were studying the Games of Thrones novel for English Literature at the same uni so things are certainly different now. Good luck with upcoming your arts and humanities course, @chrisno1!

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters

Hello, gents. Thought I'd visit; it's been a minute. Hope all are well. Cheers

Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters

Good to see you Loeffelholz. 🍻

Welcome back, @Loeffelholz. Good to see you here again. Hopefully you'll stick around. πŸ™‚

@Loeffelholz Hello, back from the dead? Did you topple off a train and go drinking in Turkey for a few months? Nice to see you back.

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,699MI6 Agent

Good to see you back, Loeffelholz.

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

Well, hello there Loeff! Long time no post.

• mynameisbond007mynameisbond007 Posts: 68MI6 Agent

Hi all, im new here so thought I’d say hello πŸ‘‹πŸΌ

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent

Welcome mynameisbond007!

And hello all, sorry it's been a while since I last posted. I hope you've all had ice in the stomach waiting for NTTD (No Time To Delay again).

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

Something like that. Finished and published my second Oscar Jade book...and have finished (now polishing) another novel, along with observing the general decline of western civilization. But the fall off the train took a minute to bounce back from.

Thanks to all for the welcome back. Sorry for my absenteeism! Now, let the festivities commence 🍻

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,238MI6 Agent
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent

Well hello!

It’s been a while, but, well I’m back!

I joined when Craig was first made Bond, so it only seems fitting I’m here as he leaves.

He is the best. 😍

She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony

Ah, it's brought us all out of the woodwork

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,238MI6 Agent

Yay! It's @Lexi !!!

It's getting like Hancock's Reunion... πŸ˜ƒ

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

Hey Nap…

Long time no see πŸ‘€

Felt it only right to come back for this movie… have you seen it?