My Post Count has collapsed

Christmas TounesChristmas Tounes GloucestershirePosts: 164MI6 Agent

Hi All

Previously my post count was at over 1,000, approximately 1,400.

Now it's showing as only 140.

As one of the exclusive AJB 2002 club, one of my life goals is to gain a promotion to Chief Of Staff before 2032, and I fear this error may diminish my prospects.

Has this happened to anyone else?

P.S. It's not a really big deal and thanks to SiCo for keeping AJB alive all these years.

Cheers,

Christmas

1. Goldeneye 2. OHMSS 3. Goldfinger 4. TND 5. Octopussy 6. FYEO
7. LALD 8. TWINE 9. Skyfall 10. AVTAK 11. CR 12. TLD 13. YOLT
14. TMWTGG 15. Moonraker 16. TSWLM 17. Thunderball 18. FRWL
19. Dr. No 20. DAF 21. LTK 22. DAD 23. QoS 24. Spectre 25. NTTD

Comments

• Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters
    edited September 2021

When we made the leap to the new forum platform it seems that posts from before a certain date have fallen away into the abyss, so everyone who was a member since before that time will have had a reduction in the number of posts displayed on their profile. I think mine reduced by about 500/600 or so. By my reckoning it's probably posts older than 2006 that have got the chop.

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,187Chief of Staff

Mine shrunk at that point, too, although not as drastically.

Promotion to Chief Of Staff isn't directly linked to post count. Bribing SiCo is one sure method. He accepts Fabergé eggs, the gold content of Fort Knox, or enough diamonds to cover a satellite.

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,668MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

Yes, I noticed my post count shrank a fair bit too when AJB changed over to the new software. I think in the region of a good few hundred. I think everyone's did at that time. I had screenshotted my profile page before the changeover and I noticed the discrepancy in the numbers. I thought it might've been down to the new software taking off double or triple posts that might have been deleted by a mod but that still remained on the post counter. It could be that very old posts were deleted too though even on the old AJB all of my posts from 2003 and 2004 had gone as well as most from 2005. I expect such older posts were lost to the ether in the various forum upgrades over the years before out major changeover in March this year.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Christmas TounesChristmas Tounes GloucestershirePosts: 164MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

I guess 90% of my posts were made in 2002 that's why my count dropped so drastically then. Thanks for the advice, I will head to Kamil Kahn's Indian retreat to try to source a Fabergé egg. Could he be swayed by a bottle of 1943 Taittinger Blanc de Blanc Brut?

1. Goldeneye 2. OHMSS 3. Goldfinger 4. TND 5. Octopussy 6. FYEO
    7. LALD 8. TWINE 9. Skyfall 10. AVTAK 11. CR 12. TLD 13. YOLT
    14. TMWTGG 15. Moonraker 16. TSWLM 17. Thunderball 18. FRWL
    19. Dr. No 20. DAF 21. LTK 22. DAD 23. QoS 24. Spectre 25. NTTD
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,187Chief of Staff

Failing that, a bottle of Heineken might do the trick.

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,668MI6 Agent

Yes, I'd say that's the reason. Forum upgrades over the years tend to chop posts up or result in them being lost altogether. I've seen that happen on AJB with my own old posts and on other Bond forums as well. Still, it's not all bad news for you as I see some of your posts from 2002 are still there which is better than I have on my profile! 🙂

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).