Please be careful when starting new threads to include SPOILER if necessary

BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

Anyone starting a new thread- please be careful to include SPOILER or SPOILER WARNING in the title if planning to discuss certain major events in the new movie.

Remember not everyone has had the chance to see it yet.

Similarly, please do not discuss such events in the course of existing threads unless a SPOILER WARNING is present in the title of that thread.

This applies to all forums, not just this one.

Thank you.

Comments

• HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,737MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

Thanks for that as one who is scheduled to see the film for the first time on 10/14.

The other slippery slope is even the titles of threads.

Unfortunately someone also appears to have dropped a massive spoiler in the general Bond films category.

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

Please, send me a PM.

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent

Be nice if folk feeling compelled to be openly homophobic or racist in comments just defenestrated themselves instead.

Feel free to report such comments. We can't read every post, especially at the pace they have been coming in since NTTD was released.

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent

Of course, will do, you're doing more than sterling work on spoilers! - and no reflection on the vast majority of marvellous souls who frequent here. But I thought worth flagging openly as with extreme disappointment I note more than a couple have thought it acceptable to suggest a character having a man round for dinner or a black 00(no spoilers) is somehow 'disgusting' or 'dangerous' to their children and shouldn't be allowed..

I have directly challenged some to reconsider their comments and posts have been edited or deleted, so there it can rest.

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,239MI6 Agent

Every time I read the title of this bloody thread I have that Feargal Sharkey song going round my head for the rest of the evening...

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

After much discussion https://www.ajb007.co.uk/discussion/55116/spoiler-is-it-time-to-drop-spoiler-tags-for-this-film we've decided to drop the need for a spoiler tag when discussing NTTD. Please use that thread if further discussion is wanted.

• jim78jim78 Posts: 67MI6 Agent

What bother putting spoilers in the thread title?

Just allude to the topic and say SPOILER ALERT then everyone's happy no?

As I said above, there was some discussion and it was felt that spoiler tags were no longer needed so long after the film's release. I realize that there will (? always) be a small number of people who haven't seen it but there has to be a point where spoiler tags feel fussy and not needed. After the discussion we felt that point had been reached.

Alluding to the topic also has drawbacks, ie saying "End of NTTD" can be ambiguous (eg it could mean Madeleine and Mathilde talking in the car, it could mean M & co toasting, it could mean Louis Armstrong singing) and I think there are many similarly titled threads.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

It's a good point that there will always be a small number that haven't seen the latest or a particular film in the series, a bit like a number (greater in number perhaps) that haven't read a particular book.

I think it was the right decision to remove the spoiler tags from NTTD discussions after this amount of time and some common sense should prevail and be held, that after this time, there's every chance a thread/discussion about the most recent film, will include key/major plot points.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent

Right decision. The movie was released a year ago, is out for home media since 9 months…

So if some people still haven’t seen it for whatever reason they simply should stay off of these threads or at least be aware of „the risk“ instead of trying to force their way for their minority on the majority of us.

The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)