Necros - total badass? The only Bond villain in jeans

Andy007Andy007 Posts: 100MI6 Agent

It struck me that Necros was simply allowed to dress as a normal 80's guy.. something quite slick and sinister about him. It made the character more human, rather than previous villains who would demonstrate the usual crushing objects in hands etc. Was the 'Where has everybody gone' tune in his earphones meant to be a slight joke, for the audience, or just a sick insight into his pleasure of killing people? - that he turns up the volume to this..to avoid screams. It kind of works well for the movie

I think I'm right in saying he was the only Bond villain to appear in jeans, certainly in the pre-Craig films. Whilst the villains in TLD were a touch underwhelming & ordinary in some respects, I think Necros makes an imposing henchman. It's quite hard to see how Bond would win a fight against him. He's a fair bit taller than Dalton & (everyone for that matter!) and the film shows his body-build physique. Andreas Wisniewski played the part simply & effectively as a nasty piece of work.

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent

(Unfortunately) he's the best bad guy in TLD.

• Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent

Now if Robert Davi could just show up in a Mission Impossible film.

Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent

Some people thought he was gay (not that there's anything wrong with that). He fit a stereotype at the time about dieting and working out too much and being a little particular about the fit and fold of casual clothes. The slicked back hair added to the impression.

• superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    edited November 2021

He reprised his MI role in a more recent installment, just don’t remember which one. Because of Diehard, I’ll always remember him having small feet, whether or not that’s true in real life!

"...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....