Guess we know what happened to Bond in Motion…

Comments

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent

I got an email last week about BIM being in Los Angeles.

I will have to see about visiting sometime next year.

• IceQIceQ Posts: 298MI6 Agent

It is really good tbh, I suppose nice somewhere else gets to enjoy it for a while!

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

But I only went three times in London. I wasn't ready for it to leave!!😭😭😭

Seriously, though, I'm sad it's no longer there as it's a great exhibition. Any Bond fan living within reasonable distance to its new home in LA, should definitely check it out and it's right that others get a chance to see it around the world.

I'm sure the Harry Potter exhibition will draw in a lot more visitors anyway, makes sense for the Transport Museum to stage that, as they no doubt need to recoup their losses of the last 18 months and let's face it, they don't come much bigger than the world of Harry Potter.

I'm just disappointed that I won't get to see the NTTD items in there, as I didn't get chance to go again one last time, before it closed for good.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent

It was amazing to be able to be able to get a Bond fix anytime you were walking through town. Even if just popping into the shop.

• GiugiaroGiugiaro Posts: 23MI6 Agent

Yet it’s been announced Bond In Motion will be at Beaulieu in UK !! Im confused!

https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/news/beaulieu-announces-new-bond-exhibition-no-time-die/

And the NTTD Scissor Wing glider will also be there !!

So….. are the Covent Garden Bond in Motion car in LA or in Uk ? Or is the collection split up !

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

There's a NTTD exhibit in Beaulieu for the next year, the rest of BiM will be in LA. But there's also more than one each of these NTTD vehicles; there may be some in LA too I guess. Or they may be holding the NTTD vehicles back so they can do a relaunch in a year: it's a good way of enticing people to come for a second visit.

• ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent

I think it's an evolving display anyway as one of the 159s from QoS was up for sale not that long ago

It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

Looks like I'll be having a day out in Beaulieu soon.. 😊

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • Unknown007Unknown007 Posts: 201MI6 Agent

I think there should be some sort of permanent James Bond Museum or some Visitors Centre where we can all view things like the Cars on a permanent basis and enjoy them.

• DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent

Beaulieu here I come! Shame they closed the Covent Garden location - it was lovely to be able to pop in.

I agree - a permanent Bond exhibition would be great.

My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6

I went to the original Beaulieu Exhibition back in 2012 and loved it shame I wasn't able to attend in London, and Beaulieu is a little far away for me for the No Time To Die Exhibition, I live in Scotland. The one question I do have about the Exhibition and I know it's currently in America is why is there no BMW Z.3 from Goldeneye included?

Let's hope Bond in Motion returns to the UK some day, as I've mentioned elsewhere they should open a permanent exhibition or visitors centre somewhere in Britain so we can all enjoy these awesome cars.

• PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    edited April 2022

My total guess about the BMW Z3 is that the one(s) in GoldenEye were so early (the film was made before the car launched and it was pretty much the first time the Z3 was seen in public) that they were only lent to the production by BMW and EON never took possession of them, as they did with most other cars they use. Bond In Motion doesn't have a real Z8 from TWINE either, the one on show was one of the replicas the production made. Maybe the Z3s are in a BMW museum in Munich or something.

edited April 2022

Ha! Yes, here you go; it was a guess but it does indeed seem to be in the BMW museum in Munich:

• 00Stirl00Stirl Posts: 52MI6 Agent

Quite a few Z3's are displayed around the place but none show any of the main gadgets sadly. It's not just about the colors combo (Atlanta blue/Leopard beige leather interior). Don't forget, in the film there is another Z3 at the rear of Q's workshop. Perhaps that's the one depicted in the Goldeneye poster..... it's a right hand drive in case you hadn't spotted it 🤔 Then there's the BMW advert. Left hook BUT no headlight washers! Devil's in the detail.

I notice that the full Bond In Motion Exhibit is moving to Brussels from the US in the near future?, is it possible that it might/ will be making a return to somewhere in the UK at some point in the Future?

I think I remember them saying it would tour, but I would imagine the Uk is at the back of the queue now as we've had our go!

• 00Stirl00Stirl Posts: 52MI6 Agent
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent

Hopeful it comes to Toronto one day.

Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • Tato007Tato007 France Posts: 369MI6 Agent

Yes they started a world tour, next place is Prague

Unfortunately, owing to the venue, Prague will be about half the size of Brussels.

From there it moves to Vienna.

A fourth incarnation (no pun intended) in the works is expected to be even larger than Brussels.